How long do auto's tend to take to show sex!?

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger
Reaction score
I've got an Il Diavolo auto at 3 weeks old; the breeder's description quoted 7 weeks from sprout to harvest... How long will it flower for then? I hope it does something soon or I'm going to LST it and place it under 12/12!
View attachment 162757
A link to the picture I took earlier today posted in my GJ... See if you think she should be showing! She's about 7-8 inches tall...

SPEARCHUCKER

Leavin'ya Bowlegged
Reaction score
I usually get males showing in under 20 days, around 15 mostly. Females around 20.
I have 4 at 23 days and one of them just showed this morning. The first about 4 days ago.

Gixxerman420

Reaction score
SPEARCHUCKER said:
I usually get males showing in under 20 days, around 15 mostly. Females around 20.
I have 4 at 23 days and one of them just showed this morning. The first about 4 days ago.
Okay so any day now then! Thx man! I hope all is well with her; I've not heard of Il Diavolo and I've heard chatter of there being a lot of trouble autos out there right now! She better do good for all the TLC I've shown!:D

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
i've got 4 HBD's going. 1 male showed at 14 days the rest showed around day 20. i have 2 males and 2 females..

Music
Reaction score
14-21 days was the norm for me back when I grew them....

Gixxerman420

Reaction score
Hamster Lewis said:
14-21 days was the norm for me back when I grew them....
Well today is 21 and no signs! I am concerned at this point! What should I do?

sickbiker

Reaction score
mine are around 20 days and i looked to day and 3 of the 4 were male

Music
Reaction score
Gixxerman420 said:
Well today is 21 and no signs! I am concerned at this point! What should I do?

Don't panic...just let them go and keep checking them daily...nothing is written in stone and plants tend to do their own thing.

Gixxerman420

Reaction score
sickbiker said:
mine are around 20 days and i looked to day and 3 of the 4 were male
That sux! I sorry about your luck bud... Males tend to show before females I think so the other is probably female.
Hamster Lewis said:
Don't panic...just let them go and keep checking them daily...nothing is written in stone and plants tend to do their own thing.
Yeah; She showed this afternoon; I had to look at her sideways and squint my eyes but I saw the starting of two little white hairs coming from both sides of both leaves of the second from the top node... If that wasn't confusing enough, I snapped a photo and you can barely see them even in a close up! Of course, it was taken with a shitty camera and a magnifying glass so... Get out what you put in I guess!:rofl:View attachment 162901 check it out!!!

OldHippieChick

apostate
Reaction score
In my experience (limited) if they don't show as male in 21 days.... you need to relax cause you probably got a high female ratio.

Gixxerman420

Reaction score
OldHippieChick said:
In my experience (limited) if they don't show as male in 21 days.... you need to relax cause you probably got a high female ratio.
Yeah, I was just getting antsy, been about a year and a half since I've seen the promise of white pistils! I'm excited now! I have a confirmed lady on my hands! :yay:

Latest posts