Advertise On Marijuana Passion

How long do you hold your smoke

gottalovebud

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
2
How long do most people hold their smoke. I hold it for about 5 seconds but my friend swears on holding his for 10. How long do you hold your smoke.:D
 

Smoof One

Connoisseur of Smoof
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
87
Reaction score
5
holding your smoke in does nothing. THC binds to the lung tissue the moment it is inhaled. by holding in your smoke you are just cutting off the oxygen to the brain. making you light headed. also holding your smoke in fucks up your lungs. think about it would you take a huge rip off your ciggarette a hold it in? no. so dont be stupid and hold your smoke in. it does nothing.
 

LdyLunatic

i wanna be cool too!
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
2,417
Reaction score
237
i have heard what you posted smoof before...i still hold though out of habit more than anything...and its only brief..second or two at most
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,836
Reaction score
12,935
I kinda enjoy the head rush from holding it for 2 minutes..:eek:
 

Dr.GreenThumb

*The Sinsemilla Sheik*
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Messages
559
Reaction score
19
Hick said:
I kinda enjoy the head rush from holding it for 2 minutes..:eek:
+1 on that Hick. Dont know about the 2 min mark but I can get 45-60 sec.:(
 

DopeDoctor

Yes I Cannabis
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
226
Reaction score
19
a lot of people think inhaling after a toke gets more out of a hit. true?
 

DaddyMack

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
seems to, I always thought the idea was to leave the smoke in your lungs as long as possible so the max thc can be absorbed (n00b)
 

rockydog

Grower at Heart
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
697
Reaction score
42
I used to hold it in, but I gave that up after I stopped doing it when my lungs began to feel it a bit.
 

LdyLunatic

i wanna be cool too!
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
2,417
Reaction score
237
i did an experiment....and found that since quitting cigs i can hold it longer with less choking :cool:
 

cheebahawk

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
yeah, when I don't have alot of weed, I always hold my hits in. I remember reading somewhere that your lungs can process air in the same breath for about 30 seconds...so never much longer than that!
 
T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Guest
I hold my hit until i feel my lungs expand and start to cough. Like they say "If You Don't Cough, You Don't Get Off"!!! :D
 
S

SmokinMom

Guest
I hold it in about 10 seconds or so. I've never counted. :D
 

Wasted

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
84
Reaction score
7
I love playing a game my friend told me about called baseball. Its where you hit the pipe then hold the smoke till the pipe gets back to you. If you cant do it your out of the rotation and you play till the bowl is gone or your the last one.
 

Dr.GreenThumb

*The Sinsemilla Sheik*
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Messages
559
Reaction score
19
I just procesed a field test, same bong to be used as the medium. 2 bowls of Flo were used in each test. 1st set of bowls were only held in briefly approx 5 sec hold time. Waited till I was sober to process the final test. 2 more bowls and these were held in till I was forced to exhale or passed out. I can defently say that holding your smoke longer was better in my case. Just my .02
 

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
9,329
Reaction score
5,166
I've always held it in. considered party foul not too. The body can only absorb it at a certain rate. so holding it in makes more absorbtion. So hold it in until you can't any longer. IMHO
 

Jon

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
i normally dont hold it in too long... but if its not very good **** i hold it in until my throat feels better
 

LLCoolBud

Stoned Activist
Joined
Apr 27, 2006
Messages
152
Reaction score
74
I hold mine in for 5 seconds or so... but ive read on many sites holding it in longer doesnt necisarily mean your going to get higher but, I do know for a fact that if you blow it out right away your wasting your weed no matter the scientific explination. :D When i first started smokin i wouldnt hold it in that long ect then one time i held in in for just 1 2 3 ect blow out and bam it was like getting high again for the first time lol
 

FaTal1

Do I lOoK hIgH???
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
422
Reaction score
13
:D
Smoof One said:
holding your smoke in does nothing. THC binds to the lung tissue the moment it is inhaled. by holding in your smoke you are just cutting off the oxygen to the brain. making you light headed. also holding your smoke in fucks up your lungs. think about it would you take a huge rip off your ciggarette a hold it in? no. so dont be stupid and hold your smoke in. it does nothing.
sorry but this was one of the stupidist things i read...:( holding in the smoke does matter IMO i member when i first started smoking i never even held it in and i would never get high then when i finally heard that your soppuse to hold it in i got high and i hold it for as long as i can idk how long it is but it does get me pretty dam high:p :D IMHO the longer you hold it the higher you get think about it you get high just by holding it in for about 10 secs and you go pass that you start feeling it more so hold yo hits in;) :D
 

FaTal1

Do I lOoK hIgH???
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
422
Reaction score
13
Wasted said:
I love playing a game my friend told me about called baseball. Its where you hit the pipe then hold the smoke till the pipe gets back to you. If you cant do it your out of the rotation and you play till the bowl is gone or your the last one.
i played that game b4 only we call it football the game is so worth it after a bowl or a blunt funt to play with blunts :)
 

Smoof One

Connoisseur of Smoof
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
87
Reaction score
5
FaTal1 said:
:D

sorry but this was one of the stupidist things i read...:( holding in the smoke does matter IMO i member when i first started smoking i never even held it in and i would never get high then when i finally heard that your soppuse to hold it in i got high and i hold it for as long as i can idk how long it is but it does get me pretty dam high:p :D IMHO the longer you hold it the higher you get think about it you get high just by holding it in for about 10 secs and you go pass that you start feeling it more so hold yo hits in;) :D
well thats you genuis! sorry you cant get high cuz you dont know how to inhale properly. holding in your smoke for about 5 secs is recommended but i mean ppl that hold the smoke in for extreme amounts of time are just being stupid. get a vaporizor if your lungs are that fucked up that they cant absorb THC. or heres an idea take a break!
when you smoke cannabis your burning plant material. think about it would you inhale the smoke from burning leaves? no. so when you hold in huge hit for like 60+ secs. your really just making your lungs work double time for you being an idiot.

dont directly attack me or my posts again again Fatal.:mad: I'm entitled to my own opinion, and my opinion is that its not to bright to hold in smoke for exesive amounts of time...
 

Latest posts

Top