How long do you hold your smoke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottalovebud

Reaction score
How long do most people hold their smoke. I hold it for about 5 seconds but my friend swears on holding his for 10. How long do you hold your smoke.:D

holding your smoke in does nothing. THC binds to the lung tissue the moment it is inhaled. by holding in your smoke you are just cutting off the oxygen to the brain. making you light headed. also holding your smoke in fucks up your lungs. think about it would you take a huge rip off your ciggarette a hold it in? no. so dont be stupid and hold your smoke in. it does nothing.

i have heard what you posted smoof before...i still hold though out of habit more than anything...and its only brief..second or two at most

I kinda enjoy the head rush from holding it for 2 minutes..:eek:

Hick said:
I kinda enjoy the head rush from holding it for 2 minutes..:eek:

+1 on that Hick. Dont know about the 2 min mark but I can get 45-60 sec.:(

a lot of people think inhaling after a toke gets more out of a hit. true?

seems to, I always thought the idea was to leave the smoke in your lungs as long as possible so the max thc can be absorbed (n00b)

I used to hold it in, but I gave that up after I stopped doing it when my lungs began to feel it a bit.

i did an experiment....and found that since quitting cigs i can hold it longer with less choking :cool:

yeah, when I don't have alot of weed, I always hold my hits in. I remember reading somewhere that your lungs can process air in the same breath for about 30 seconds...so never much longer than that!

I hold my hit until i feel my lungs expand and start to cough. Like they say "If You Don't Cough, You Don't Get Off"!!! :D

I hold it in about 10 seconds or so. I've never counted. :D

I love playing a game my friend told me about called baseball. Its where you hit the pipe then hold the smoke till the pipe gets back to you. If you cant do it your out of the rotation and you play till the bowl is gone or your the last one.

I just procesed a field test, same bong to be used as the medium. 2 bowls of Flo were used in each test. 1st set of bowls were only held in briefly approx 5 sec hold time. Waited till I was sober to process the final test. 2 more bowls and these were held in till I was forced to exhale or passed out. I can defently say that holding your smoke longer was better in my case. Just my .02

I've always held it in. considered party foul not too. The body can only absorb it at a certain rate. so holding it in makes more absorbtion. So hold it in until you can't any longer. IMHO

i normally dont hold it in too long... but if its not very good shit i hold it in until my throat feels better

I hold mine in for 5 seconds or so... but ive read on many sites holding it in longer doesnt necisarily mean your going to get higher but, I do know for a fact that if you blow it out right away your wasting your weed no matter the scientific explination. :D When i first started smokin i wouldnt hold it in that long ect then one time i held in in for just 1 2 3 ect blow out and bam it was like getting high again for the first time lol

:D
Smoof One said:
holding your smoke in does nothing. THC binds to the lung tissue the moment it is inhaled. by holding in your smoke you are just cutting off the oxygen to the brain. making you light headed. also holding your smoke in fucks up your lungs. think about it would you take a huge rip off your ciggarette a hold it in? no. so dont be stupid and hold your smoke in. it does nothing.

sorry but this was one of the stupidist things i read...:( holding in the smoke does matter IMO i member when i first started smoking i never even held it in and i would never get high then when i finally heard that your soppuse to hold it in i got high and i hold it for as long as i can idk how long it is but it does get me pretty dam high:p :D IMHO the longer you hold it the higher you get think about it you get high just by holding it in for about 10 secs and you go pass that you start feeling it more so hold yo hits in;) :D

Wasted said:
I love playing a game my friend told me about called baseball. Its where you hit the pipe then hold the smoke till the pipe gets back to you. If you cant do it your out of the rotation and you play till the bowl is gone or your the last one.

i played that game b4 only we call it football the game is so worth it after a bowl or a blunt funt to play with blunts :)

FaTal1 said:
:D

sorry but this was one of the stupidist things i read...:( holding in the smoke does matter IMO i member when i first started smoking i never even held it in and i would never get high then when i finally heard that your soppuse to hold it in i got high and i hold it for as long as i can idk how long it is but it does get me pretty dam high:p :D IMHO the longer you hold it the higher you get think about it you get high just by holding it in for about 10 secs and you go pass that you start feeling it more so hold yo hits in;) :D

well thats you genuis! sorry you cant get high cuz you dont know how to inhale properly. holding in your smoke for about 5 secs is recommended but i mean ppl that hold the smoke in for extreme amounts of time are just being stupid. get a vaporizor if your lungs are that fucked up that they cant absorb THC. or heres an idea take a break!
when you smoke cannabis your burning plant material. think about it would you inhale the smoke from burning leaves? no. so when you hold in huge hit for like 60+ secs. your really just making your lungs work double time for you being an idiot.

dont directly attack me or my posts again again Fatal.:mad: I'm entitled to my own opinion, and my opinion is that its not to bright to hold in smoke for exesive amounts of time...

Latest posts

Back