How long does it take for a broken stem to heal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
Hi all. So as the title says, I accidentally broke a stem on a plant as i was bending it so i instantly taped it back in its place and it has been 2 days since this happened. The plant is looking great but I want to resume bending and training the plant as soon as I can. How long does it take for it to heal to the extent where i can bend it again? Thanks.

Shiver Me Timbers
Are you sure , I was under the impression it was 3 fortnights

Do not let the knowledge on how to fix broken branches on weed plants pass you. How Long Does It Take For A Broken Stem To Heal? Generally, a fixed broken stem or branch will take between 2 and 4 weeks to heal. To facilitate the healing, it would be important to incorporate two or more recovery methods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a branch just snap last week and I was able to tape it up before it was just ready to snap off. was not sure it would even survive .
The next day it was fine and up taking water to the branch. I added a piece of bailing wire for strength and good to go, but I would never consider of trying to train it again without risk of snapping at the repair joint.
They come back pretty strong but not me .
And it takes more than a few days to heal over completely.

Generally, a fixed broken stem or branch will take between 2 and 4 weeks to heal. To facilitate the healing, it would be important to incorporate two or more recovery methods. As mentioned earlier, a tape would be the first thing that will come into mind. Using artificial structures to support the broken or bent stem or branch is another way of fixing broken weed parts.

I have broken several branches before and I tape,(Teflon) support and after a few days forget about it. However I have never tried to bend it at the break. Couldn't it be easier to bend in another spot...

A stent and tape. Never had a problem with them growing because of a break.

Hi all. So as the title says, I accidentally broke a stem on a plant as i was bending it so i instantly taped it back in its place and it has been 2 days since this happened. The plant is looking great but I want to resume bending and training the plant as soon as I can. How long does it take for it to heal to the extent where i can bend it again? Thanks.
Not sure, this happened to me this year. I cleaned the area real good put clone jell on the broken pieces and used wire tie wraps to hold them together. The plant struggled , after 4 weeks I removed the tie wraps and it just split again so I finally cut the limb off.

Not sure, this happened to me this year. I cleaned the area real good put clone jI leave the Tape onell on the broken pieces and used wire tie wraps to hold them together. The plant struggled , after 4 weeks I removed the tie wraps and it just split again so I finally cut the limb off.
I use electrical tape which will give a little as stem grows, never take it off myself

I use electrical tape which will give a little as stem grows, never take it off myself
Normally that is what I would use but this one was so low on the plant the stem was about 3/4 of an inch and the split was right at the node. It's ok, I know how I'm gonna deal with it next year.

Ya know ROSTERMAN Your fix for PM was spot on. I think you know I've been going to New York to work on a boiler install I was gone for a week came back and my plants had very little PM but my pumpkin patch was loaded and they are close together maybe 7 feet. I spayed the pumpkins and stopped the PM dead. I got to tell you what a relief, I'm probably gonna thank you at least 50 times over the next year that was huge Sir.

Normally that is what I would use but this one was so low on the plant the stem was about 3/4 of an inch and the split was right at the node. It's ok, I know how I'm gonna deal with it next year.

Ya know ROSTERMAN Your fix for PM was spot on. I think you know I've been going to New York to work on a boiler install I was gone for a week came back and my plants had very little PM but my pumpkin patch was loaded and they are close together maybe 7 feet. I spayed the pumpkins and stopped the PM dead. I got to tell you what a relief, I'm probably gonna thank you at least 50 times over the next year that was huge Sir.
No need Brother , we are here to help each other
You did a wonderful job, and yes pumpkins are notorious for fugus and it will spread like wild fire , Keep them away from your plants next year.
Squash plant leafs do the same as pumpkin all they need is bi weekly sprays to fight it off.

Careful,,, Roster gonna want a reach around. 😁
No way Jose My Peart (part) is reserved only for you😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰🤣🤣🤣
1631892915881.png

Thanks @giggy

My hands are too big for your little pecker. 😁

Reactions: zem
Thank you for all the help! I decided to never bend it at the broken spot. I used paper tape and tied it and sort of bent it slightly the other way so that it is always pressing the broken parts together. The plant is looking as happy as ever i did the tape method several times and i recall that the broken part remains a weak spot for a while just didn't know for how long.

Latest posts

Back