how long does it take for seeds to sprout from the ground?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

A.K.

i planted some germinated seeds about 1 week ago and they havent broken the surfuce yet am i just being impatiant or could they be dead i am using "Potting Mix" that came with Miracle grow in it any help would be much appreachiated thanks

After i planted my germinated seeds, a day later they had broken through my rockwool, but i am using a hydro garden, don't know if that makes a difference or not.

A.K. said:
i planted some germinated seeds about 1 week ago and they havent broken the surfuce yet am i just being impatiant or could they be dead i am using "Potting Mix" that came with Miracle grow in it any help would be much appreachiated thanks
How deep did you put the sprouts? I take mine and put them in so the seed head is just visable above the dirt. This is after allowing the root to get about a half inch long. Lightly press the dirt around the seed so that it makes real good contact with the root. In a day or two, you should have your seedling starting to unfold. If you bury them an inch down, sometimes the seed will simply die. If you're in doubt, use a very small piece of wire or the tip of a butter knife and gently move the soil until you find the seed. If it's cracked and sprouted, just move it up toward the surface until you can do as I said above.

Good luck man.

thanks man well i burryed them about an inch so i guess they must be up in seed heaven now but thanks for all your help guys

A.K. said:
thanks man well i burryed them about an inch so i guess they must be up in seed heaven now but thanks for all your help guys
Don't guess. Look for them and you might be able to save them. Just do as I said above.

well i just checked on them and i think there dead cause i couldnt find one trace of them not even a dead root :(i am a bad parent:( well thanks for your help anyways

A.K. said:
well i just checked on them and i think there dead cause i couldnt find one trace of them not even a dead root :(i am a bad parent:( well thanks for your help anyways
The seed would still be there. ????

i know it doesnt make any sence cause just like 2 days ago i looked at a spot where i planted one to see if it was still alive and the root was there and seemed healthy maybe i got seed jacked but i dont think so

A.K. said:
i know it doesnt make any sence cause just like 2 days ago i looked at a spot where i planted one to see if it was still alive and the root was there and seemed healthy maybe i got seed jacked but i dont think so
If the seed is gone, then "something" took it. They don't dissolve.

well i dont know what to tell yea but i cant find em but would the root still be there?

A. Never use pre-ferted poting soil.
B. Never use anything with miracle grow in it.

Now that you revealed that you planted them outside, I'd say something likely ate the seedling.
Lots of birds and insects love seeds and just-sprouted seeds.

Dig a 3' x 3' deep hole and replace with quality potting soil (like Fox Farms) for each plant, and use a mini-greenhouse for each plant.

Latest posts

Back