How long is pollen good for. Is it still good once dried but carefully stored....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
About to do Regular seed grow, how long does pollen last? Wondering if it keeps for a reasonable period.

Bubba

The only time I made seeds on purpose, the males sprang up and began to bud out in the grow tent. The females were just starting to show signs of being female. I kept the dried male and it's pollen a week or two, and it worked.

My question came, when I read a thread about a hermi accident wondering how long and what lengths to go to so no future pollinations.

Most of the replies were sort of, wipe it down with water and don't worry about it, thought maybe it was fairly short lived.

Getting ready to do some regular seeds, so got to wondering.

Bubba

Based on hours snooping old threads here, I would say treat your grow space where that happened sort of like a bug infestation. Wipe down really good (maybe a 1:10 bleach type thing) and leave a fan pointed at it. Wait about 30 to 45 minutes and repeat. Do this a minimum 3 times total. Surprised none of the OG's aren't giving you cr ap .. That's what I would do. Maybe I smoked one too many this morning and I am reading this wrong.

No no. I have no worries about pollen, that was the topic That got me wondering what pollens life span is....

No biggie, I'm getting ready to find out anyway.

Bubba

For anyone interested, apparently it is good for a week or two, but if packaged and frozen, up to a year. I will comment later on how mine works, if nothing else I can clone from the females.

Bubba

Found quite a bit of info on this, basic info says out in open, pollen good for week, maybe two. If properly packaged and frozen, one year.

Further reading made ultimate length of longevity possibly unknown. While one year is the standard answer I hear, some reading indicated that testing was done only out to one year, and possibly properly packaged frozen pollen could stay active indefinitely....

Couple of weeks to a year is more time than I should need.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back