How long should I give it before giving up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhonarox99

Reaction score
This might sound a stupid question.
I had only one seed of a strain I really wanted to grow but after a quick germination the seed cap got stuck on my little shoot. I may have left it too long before removing manually and in the process I may have disturbed the babies root, the little seedling has taken several weeks and is no more than it’s first set of small leaves . It looks healthy but very slow. I am hoping with a little time it will recover and normal growth will resume. If it wasn’t for really wanting this strain I’d give up and germinate an new seed. Will my patience pay off or is this too damaged to recover. It is in a DWC bubble tank. This is over 3 weeks from germinating

Attachments

• 2C958664-7FAD-4C29-88BC-6F74E6038FEC.jpeg
    2C958664-7FAD-4C29-88BC-6F74E6038FEC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
This might sound a stupid question.
I had only one seed of a strain I really wanted to grow but after a quick germination the seed cap got stuck on my little shoot. I may have left it too long before removing manually and in the process I may have disturbed the babies root, the little seedling has taken several weeks and is no more than it’s first set of small leaves . It looks healthy but very slow. I am hoping with a little time it will recover and normal growth will resume. If it wasn’t for really wanting this strain I’d give up and germinate a new seed. Will my patience pay off or is this too damaged to recover. It is in a DWC bubble tank. This is over 3 weeks from germinating
Maybe the root did get damaged removing the little helmut off your seedling. 3 weeks sounds like a long time for it to be so little. Weed cutting will stay green practically forever even without roots. I keep a little vase of cutyings on my kitchen counter just for looks and they actually grow roots sometime so I wouldn’t give up the ship at least until it wasn’t green. Maybe it will get past its stunt stage and start growing some roots. You may try and add a little mycorrhizal or other root enhancer to help root growth to your water can

what is the strain?

It's a runt and a waste of time. You probably damaged the Taproot or got a premature seed.

Last edited:
It's a runt and a waste of time. You probably damaged the Taproot.
But it’s been three weeks since the cap popped off I would think if the tap root was completely gone it would have died quickly already. Something is keeping the tiny thing green. I’m just thinking that if I really wanted to try and save it I would try a little root enhancer on it and pop another seed just in case…

It will grow but due to the setback I bet it will be a much smaller plant and lower yielder than if it had not had any problems.
But only way to find out, Let it Grow..................................
The time I had that happen the plant looked like I made a Bonsai tree on purpose

Even if it grows slowly due to damage, I would think if it lives and is stunted, you could take cuttings and root them. The clone would be a copy of the plants genes, not it’s less than perfect early life. I could be wrong though. I just think it comes down to space and how badly you want the strain.

If it's like most runts your not going to get a very good cut from it.

But it’s been three weeks since the cap popped off I would think if the tap root was completely gone it would have died quickly already. Something is keeping the tiny thing green. I’m just thinking that if I really wanted to try and save it I would try a little root enhancer on it and pop another seed just in case…
Right, by 3 weeks you should have the beginnings of a small bush. I have grown runts when space allowed and had some very interesting pot, but yield off of course.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back