how long to flower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Beme

Reaction score
So...I flipped my babies (Purple Kush) to 12/12 to flower

my question is how long (weeks) should they take to be ready for harvest?? please give me a number starting at the 12/12 .

I'm getting a tremendous amount of different information on the times

thanks

JB

Start checking the trichomes around 8 weeks from flipping to 12/12 lighting. Get an eye loupe or a USB/Bluetooth/WiFi microscope to check the trichomes. I like to harvest when the trichomes are 20-30% amber. Less will give you a more jumpy buzz. More will give you a more couch lock buzz.

I can vouch for the USB Microscope. I've got this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M97SRFN/It's quite fun:

2022_08_25_16_21_20_153.jpg

I would give it a couple of weeks. I see clear and cloudy trichomes. You want all cloudy with some Amber.

I put one on my wish list on Amazon.

spectacular photo!

i need to order me one

is yours wireless?
Yea, I think the link takes you to it. I bought it for $40 but it was on sale for $30 last I looked. It emits a wireless signal. You just install their app and select the microscope's wireless signal for your phone in your wireless connections instead of your normal network, and the app immediately starts displaying the microscope images on your phone. It's fun, but you do need to be able to place it securely within half an inch of a good bud that isn't swaying (turn off fans?), which for me meant either removing one (nope) or setting a chair and a box to position it. It's just too sensitive to realistically hand hold it.

I would give it a couple of weeks. I see clear and cloudy trichomes. You want all cloudy with some Amber.
Thanks man! This is from my last grow just to show off the device. I'll post some current ones pretty soon as I'm starting ripening on the latest.

Yes what a nice photo to look at! Thanks for the share! If you harvest now, I'd say, you'll have a fresh and euphoric weed 🤪

Thanks man! This is from my last grow just to show off the device. I'll post some current ones pretty soon as I'm starting ripening on the latest.
Outstanding Pic
Can you focus it using the wireless through you cell phone without moving the camera?

Outstanding Pic
Can you focus it using the wireless through you cell phone without moving the camera?
No. It will autofocus a little bit, but mostly you need to adjust it on the device, which is cumbersome for sure. There are two places on the device to adjust, I think zoom buttons and a focus slider. I get it to about where it should be, then I usually just move the device itself (with stand) back and forth to get the focus perfect. This is usually with the microscope in its stand and sitting on a box that is on a chair or some other way to get a stable, flat, and motionless surface for the shot (turned fans off too), or you can just cut off a bud and view it elsewhere. It will need to be within half an inch of the bud.

Latest posts

Back