how many cfls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnlfacundo

Reaction score
i am doing a cfl grow right know with 4 27w 6400k cfls under 4 seedlings and was wondering if i need more lights.Im brain storming on if i should get the 2 42w soft white or 2 30w bright white cfls.the soft if a red spetrum and the bright is a white spetrum,im wondering which one would benfit my plants the most.

I'm growin with CFL's and flouros right now. Brighter is better for veg, but IMO 1x27W per plant isn't going to cut it for long. 2x30's will help, but I think you're looking for about 5,000 Lumens per plant, roughly. 27W CFL's do about 1700L and 30W do about 2000L.

U know there is a 200watt cfl out. It works great , i used to have one i i accidently broke it. They pump out the light!

i know but money is tight right know and i know they cost about 58$.maybe in the furtue ill get it and toss the little cfls when they expire.

I was also dead set on just using 1 or 2 200w full spetrum cfls to do a hole grow with but i think ill go with hps.

Im still gonna get the bright white cfls right know becuse i wont be getting the hps till i get my own place.Are the bright white cfls good for flowering too?

Latest posts

Back