Advertise On Marijuana Passion

How many colas?

Veedom

Reaction score
This good looking plant is about six weeks out from flowering stage.
She's sporting at least fifteen potential colas, as I see it. The question is, how many colas can a plant support?
I guess I should cut out some of these?
20201202_104354.jpg

WeedHopper

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldnt touch that plant. Especially since your growing outside. Nice and bushy. Let her put out as many colas as she can. Worry about support when they need it. There are several ways to support limbs.

Veedom

Reaction score
This good looking plant is about six weeks out from flowering stage.
She's sporting at least fifteen potential colas, as I see it. The question is, how many colas can a plant support?
I guess I should cut out some of these?View attachment 266798
I wasn't referring to physical support but rather sustain, I suppose. Will 15 not effect the eventual size instead of say, eight bigger colas?
Hence the question re-phrased. Is there a happy (preferred) number for a plant? You seem to have answered it, thanks.

putembk

Staff member
Reaction score
Short and stubby little bush. Did you top it. Tomato cage for support. Like a nice even canopy like that rather that one main stem. Different strokes for different folks though. You are good my friend.

boo

old goat
Reaction score
use bamboo poles, very thin ones, to support...I've been using them for 20 years and they work great...cut pipe cleaners in half to wrap the stem to the pole...kinda like this...works wonderfully...
IMG_1002.JPG

sharonp

Reaction score
I got a couple ladies with 20 or more main classes. And bamboo sticks rock
How did you do that if you don't mind me asking? I see the supports but how did you get 20? That was my biggest mistake with my first grow, not doing the right training.

Chad.Westport

Reaction score
You can always use a scrog net to even out the canopy but running it horizontal (instead of letting it continue vertically) as well as offer support for the many colas shooting up.

Jakefish

Reaction score
Just watered today and they got a little much. Why they a little droopy

Chad.Westport

Reaction score
training is fun, I like the ability to sculpt them and create many colas.

Latest posts