how many lbs. does 9 plants warrant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
listen to stoney bud; if ya are starting out. he's got sum great posts on hydro here and check out www.nirvana.nl these good prices to start out with fer seeds fer newbies. order the NL, its a good beginners strain and has a good yeild. IMHO i think if you can get the height up to 7' or more then ya can flower and veg in the same cabinet. complete stealth grow. some1 told me this here. you can run a 600w HPS for 9 plants flower and put a 400w MH in the basement for veg. you can get these wired to 110v and run both ballasts off a 15 amp circuit. put the ballasts outside yer cabinet to help heat issues. you will need a second locked small 1 anyway fer nutrients and other stuff.

chal7ds said:
well, my main issue isn't space. i got plenty of basement space. my main issue is keeping this unseen. that's why i'm going with this box. but, if your system covers everything in a box unit, i'd be happy to buy a bigger box unit. the thing is, i can't have this showing in my basement becuz my landlord shows the place every once and awhile. she's actually cool with what i'm doing, but she said as long as you can't 'see' it or 'smell' it, i'm good to go...

this particular unit i'm thinking about getting says it has fans proven to totally wipe out the scent, so i'm good there and it has doors with a lock, so i like that feature...

I see the problem. Being in a rental has real drawbacks for a grower. Thank God your landlord is cool with it.

If you build a more permenant structure, I guess it would then look like part of her house and something a potential buyer would want to look in. You certainly can't have that.

Mutt is the best on this site with the stealth box grows. If you need help with the hydro part, please, ask anything you need.

Hey Mutt! Help this guy with his box grow man! He needs your stealth mastery!

Well man, If he's got the money to spend that Bloombox is pretty neat. It will be noticable. With a pro system like that, a lot of the bugs are worked out for ya. I think you could do a 6-plant system in it. I think 9 would be a little jam packed. but the seperate mother area is sweet.

Honestly, growing in a rental that is gonna have potential "uncontrolled" traffic it may not be a great idea to grow period. I hate to discourage, but no matter what ya do, something homeade will attract some attention, unless you get a pro-system or change a peice of furniture that will take mounds of time to get it "super-stealth" for plain view. Hidden and stealth is easy, but to have it right there in plain site would be a lot harder. The hard part would be the filtration system and keepin that quiet and hidden.

well this particular box i may buy looks somewhat like a storage bin or freezer/fridge unit. what i was thinking is maybe put it down there so that
it looks like a downstairs freezer for ice cream and such. lol. you know, how grandma used to have a good ol' freezer downstairs? heh. that would explain why it's plugged in too. i could lay some grocery bags by it or something, and then screw a logo off of a freezer in sears or something and put it on there. see, that's probably generic enough that a landlord would know somethin ain't right, but since she's cool with it, i figure a 'passerby' lookin at the place wouldn't think twice. whada think of my idea?

oh god, the fridge thingy again. hehehe i have a buddy who has a grow in 1 of those old clothes upright cabinets on wheels, this is in his storage place and plugged in from the rear. they have monthly inspections at his apartment complex and he has been running stealth fer 8 years there. these are fairly large and he has 2 of them there; he says to any1 who asks that he stores old clothes and nic nacs in them. winter boots ect.. as his apartment closet is only so big - right? a new fridge outside casing might work as you could tell the landlord - its fer yer new home that someday you want to acquire. appliances have a tendancy to disappear to summer homes and such while a bulky old wooden cabinet will stay for years. IMHO

Latest posts

Back