how many lbs. does 9 plants warrant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

chal7ds

Hey,

i saw a bloombox i was thinkin about buying and it says it can warrant 9 mature plants.

How many lbs of mary will 9 plants produce? does it depend on the seed strain or is it pretty much consistent no matter what seeds u use?

chal7ds

It can and will vary wildly depending on both the strain and the conditions they live in. It could be anywhere from zero to who knows. With 9 in a box I wouldn't get too excited about pounds and pounds.

I don't know much about boxes, but you would be very lucky to get a pound.

I got 28oz from 8 plants last grow, Theres a learning curve when beginning so don't worry be happy!

chal7ds said:
Hey,

i saw a bloombox i was thinkin about buying and it says it can warrant 9 mature plants.

How many lbs of mary will 9 plants produce? does it depend on the seed strain or is it pretty much consistent no matter what seeds u use?

chal7ds

There are way too many variables to even answer you. What you've asked is like asking "How far can a car go on a tank of gas?"

1. The final harvested size of the plant
2. The lights used to grow the weed.
3. The Nutrients
4. Temp controls
5. CO2?
6. Dirt, hydro, aero?

And on, and on, and on...

Using Hydro in a 3.5 x 5.5 area with two 430 watt HPS, I grew 4 plants to 5 feet tall and got 19 ounces of cured bud.

It goes down from there if you use dirt, less light, temps are too high, plant is shorter, nutes aren't right....etc.

How are you planning to grow?

naturalhi said:
I got 28oz from 8 plants last grow, Theres a learning curve when beginning so don't worry be happy!
How big of a grow area did you have? Did you use dirt or hydro? Lights?

That's the same yeild as I get per/plant under optimum conditions.

Good job man!

Stoney Bud said:
There are way too many variables to even answer you. What you've asked is like asking "How far can a car go on a tank of gas?"

1. The final harvested size of the plant
2. The lights used to grow the weed.
3. The Nutrients
4. Temp controls
5. CO2?
6. Dirt, hydro, aero?

And on, and on, and on...

Using Hydro in a 3.5 x 5.5 area with two 430 watt HPS, I grew 4 plants to 5 feet tall and got 19 ounces of cured bud.

It goes down from there if you use dirt, less light, temps are too high, plant is shorter, nutes aren't right....etc.

How are you planning to grow?

it would be an indoor box unit, with 3 ft high plants, not sure of the nutrients, but the box has 2 75 GPH pumps for water drip & a C02 tank which i can add to it. it's a seperated box, so the flowering chamber has different lumens. it powers up to 80,000 lumens. The output box where the plants would mature has an output of 400 watts HPS.

so what u think i can pull from 9 plants out of a box like that?

naturalhi said:

28 oz...let's see...that's about 1.75 lbs...hmm..so i would probably yield 2 lbs from my box, don't ya think? (with experience)

chal7ds said:
it would be an indoor box unit, with 3 ft high plants, not sure of the nutrients, but the box has 2 75 GPH pumps for water drip & a C02 tank which i can add to it. it's a separated box, so the flowering chamber has different lumens. it powers up to 80,000 lumens. The output box where the plants would mature has an output of 400 watts HPS.

so what u think i can pull from 9 plants out of a box like that?

28 oz...let's see...that's about 1.75 lbs...hmm..so i would probably yield 2 lbs from my box, don't ya think? (with experience)

What amount of space in square feet will you have and what strain are you planning to grow?

The reason I'm asking, is that the amount of weed produced by a plant is directly proportional to the area in square feet of canopy, if all other factors remain constant. You've told me the tallest the plants can grow is 3 feet, now I need to know how wide and long the flowering space is.

I've asked about the strain of your intended grow because there is quite a variation in the amount of cured weed you can produce on one strain or the other. Some are very select strains, but produce the least amount per/sq/ft of growing area. Some aren't that great of weed but produce serious amounts of weight per/sq/ft.

We're getting close to a realistic answer to your original question of how much you can produce in your grow room.

Dr.GreenThumb said:
Hhahaahahahahahaaa

MyBad! Hey, ALL my Mothers are in dirt! I *LOVE* dirt!!

It makes awesome building foundations too! Hydro can't touch that!

Hydro's only the best for growing MJ! It can't do most of the stuff dirt can!!!! Hhahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!

I'm killin me! OhhhhhhNoooooo, I can hear Hick comin.....

Swimmin pools! Dirt makes great swimmin pools. And, and, ponds! How can ya have a decent pond without dirt? It's impossible!

Dirt is our friend!

I use FFdirt and nutes in a 5x5 space under a KW-HPS as I've told u before, What! don't tell me Stoney's Stoney and don't remember!

naturalhi said:
I use FFdirt and nutes in a 5x5 space under a KW-HPS as I've told u before, What! don't tell me Stoney's Stoney and don't remember!

You crazy man! I'm talkin to chal7ds.

Hahahahaha, and yes, I'm stoned Stoney!

Stoney Bud said:
What amount of space in square feet will you have and what strain are you planning to grow?

The reason I'm asking, is that the amount of weed produced by a plant is directly proportional to the area in square feet of canopy, if all other factors remain constant. You've told me the tallest the plants can grow is 3 feet, now I need to know how wide and long the flowering space is.

I've asked about the strain of your intended grow because there is quite a variation in the amount of cured weed you can produce on one strain or the other. Some are very select strains, but produce the least amount per/sq/ft of growing area. Some aren't that great of weed but produce serious amounts of weight per/sq/ft.

We're getting close to a realistic answer to your original question of how much you can produce in your grow room.

the grow area in the vegetation chamber is 40" X 26" and 48" high

and how about this for the strain? http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?recnumber=746

lol..i don't know where else to get seeds...i don't have friends with any...

chal7ds said:
the grow area in the vegetation chamber is 40" X 26" and 48" high

and how about this for the strain? http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?recnumber=746

lol..i don't know where else to get seeds...i don't have friends with any...

Now we're getting there! You've got roughly a 3.5 x 2 or 7 square feet of area for your canopy. With the type of plant you're going to grow, you should be able to get a reliable ounce per/sq/ft., or 7 ounces from that area with the height restrictions you have. Count on about a half pound of cured weed on each crop.

Not quite the two pounds you wanted, but a half pound is a good stash.

Good luck man, let us all know what it does turn out to be.

anyone have any experience ordering seeds online? is it legit? you actually get seeds in the mail? and they're real..and they grow??

half pound eh? hmm. well, i guess i can deal. do u think there would be any way i could take the plants out when they hit 3 feet and let them grow taller under a light in the corner of my basement, allowing them to produce more? i could manually water them at that point maybe...? i don't know..just an idea to produce more...

also, does anyone know a good (cheap) growing book or instructions of some sort i could buy or get to get me started with this?

chal7ds said:
anyone have any experience ordering seeds online? is it legit? you actually get seeds in the mail? and they're real..and they grow??

half pound eh? hmm. well, i guess i can deal. do u think there would be any way i could take the plants out when they hit 3 feet and let them grow taller under a light in the corner of my basement, allowing them to produce more? i could manually water them at that point maybe...? i don't know..just an idea to produce more...

also, does anyone know a good (cheap) growing book or instructions of some sort i could buy or get to get me started with this?

If you haven't commited to buying the other system, I've put a 4 unti hydro system in the DIY section that would work for you if you use only two tubs instead of four. If you have an area that you can let the plants grow to 5 or 6 feet tall, you can harvest a hell of a lot more bud in a larger area. Can you set up a 4' x 5' area?

Between a couple of other hydro guys here and me, we can get you going good man. Ebb and Flow is my speciality. I think we have a DWC guy here and a couple of drip guys.

Think about the size area I've mentioned above. If you can do that, you'll have a pound per/crop.

On the seeds, yes, I've ordered all my seeds online. I had great luck doing so.

well, my main issue isn't space. i got plenty of basement space. my main issue is keeping this unseen. that's why i'm going with this box. but, if your system covers everything in a box unit, i'd be happy to buy a bigger box unit. the thing is, i can't have this showing in my basement becuz my landlord shows the place every once and awhile. she's actually cool with what i'm doing, but she said as long as you can't 'see' it or 'smell' it, i'm good to go...

this particular unit i'm thinking about getting says it has fans proven to totally wipe out the scent, so i'm good there and it has doors with a lock, so i like that feature...

sorry to butt in but the fans will not get rid of the smell, only move it. ya will need a carbon filter for odor control.

Latest posts

Back