How many Lights in a 10x12 room for max yield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya ive been trying i got off to a bad start in the beginning!

how u doing bro

Speaking of a green light, you cold throw a green cfl in your room so you can work/observe your grown in the dark.

ya i planned on it cuz i wired in a switch for one outlet and i planned on puttin in a lamp with a few cfl green lights! its any green light for when the lights are off right??? thanks effen gee that reminds me to get that bulb, thanks bro

yes thats where you put it in my setup it has never let me down:).....what does the green light mean.....

green light is a green light plants can not absorb green light. so say your room went lights out and you need to do stuff in there by turning on the green light you will not disrupt the dark cycle. this can be extremely important during your 12/12. any light leeks or interuptions and plants can hermie

3rdbase- well i might just have to do that then, ive never tried blowing air through the lights, ive always pulled air! im always up for something new! the green light is for during the day when the lights are off and u wanna pest spray or water or something

Dy pyro- ya i sealed my room off pretty good! went through about 10 tubes of caulking! anything else i could do in that nature??? when im in my room i can see light through the door on a few sides, im thinking ill go get some sticking foam, like the stuff that came with my ac for mounting the duct kit to the window

heres some pics of the room mates, just got 2 pieces of ducting connected to the gable vent exhausting for the lights and ac

DSCF1462.JPG

plants 2009 019.jpg

coming along nicely i see. i push air threw lights as well. im thinkin of adding fans to other side so one side pushes the other end will be pulling. i was readin one of jbones threads. i beleive he does it with great results. the fans i use are hoffman fans used mostly in hvac, furnaces forget what else they blow some serious air

dr pyro... i dont care for u but just a little lesson...if ur setup is like that then then putting a fan on the other side makes no sense ...only if ur cfm were aif that or more than the fan pushing.....not smart better to vent lights like this......so say you have 4 lights instead of pushing one end and pulling on the other ....u should either get an adequate fan for 2 or for 4//....but really you dont want say a 10 inch fan 1200cfm doing all 4 unnnnnllleeesss ..you split right off the fan then run 1 hose vent through 2 lights and then the other vent hose thorugh the other 2 lights rejoining at the other end then out... so as that your splitting the 1200cfm into 600cfm per two lights.....or have 2 10s clear out a pair each.....now put that in ya pipe and smoke it:p

holy sheep use some puctation in there i cant read 100 word sentences. its one big line of words. y you still starting crap.please go around the forum and criticize other peoples setup.i dont have my fans setup that way i was just sayin people on here do it that way.go back to 3rd grade and learn to read or have your mom teach you.sorry albino

and i dont take lessons from 40 yr old men who live with there mom and dad and think that a gal of gasoline will last 12 hrs in a generator haha.your words mean nothing to me so ramble on some more ....i'll let you know when something makes sense

foam the crap out of it.i wanna see more pics of inside.:postpicsworthless:

IMO, 3rd base is way off base.

Pulling air theu hoods is the CORRECT way to cool lights. Period. No debate or even a friggin doubt.
As far as heating up your fan because of the temps of the lights??? what r u talking about? That is completley false.

Modern hoods seal quite nicely. Back in da day, we would have to sael up the lights with that crazy silver tape, no need for that anymore. Most all new hoods I see are self sealed.

There is no need to split off either if you are just cooling say 4, 1000 watt lights. If you have aircooled hoods, and install hard elcows at your 90degree turns, and use insulated ducting and keep your ducting runs tight and to a minimal, you will have NO issues cooling 4 lights with an 8" Can fan or equivilant. Trust me on this.

If your gonna play the game at this level, money spent should be no issue.
You need your light exhaust SEPERATE from your room exhaust. ONLY the room exhaust needs to have a Carbon scrubber installed.

That brings me to the point of ensureing that your light loop intake is pulling air from OUTSIDE the room. No need for a filter thus no big CFM "drain" from ahving to pullthru the filter, then thru your lights.

I know some of you fellas sare going to think I am full of it. But this is coming from someone who has tried every method twice.
If you want cool temps on your lights aand your room, pull air thru your lights.

Another 2cents, I frequently check rooms with a regular 60 watt buld that is standard in most homes. I turn it on, do what I need to, and turn it off. Soemtimes, it is on for an hour during the plants "nighttime", and I have NEVER had a hermie. Genetics.

well pyro ..youv done it again you continually show ur juvenile ways .. with the mom and dad jokes cmon sir are 12...please only respond to my replies with your own well thought out expressions since i dont think ur capable i guess il understand ...ur a moron..further more enough of u is a good thing sir ....back to the point there are countless way to remove or lower heat from an area..it all depends on ur setup...lights venting ac etcetera.. mine was only an example..to the other point no hood is completely seald and if you pull air u will suck the glass to the hood minimizing leakage but not 100% no way.it will pull a little air from the room through the glass and hood.stinky air there are no hoods that will claim they dont leak...

dr Pyro- where Should I Put Foam At! The Drywall And Insulation Is Already On! I Caulked The Top And Bottom Plate Along With All The Channels Of Framing And From The Slab To The Bottom Plate! Went Through A Few Bottles U Can Say Lol! Anyway Ill Take Some Pics A Lil Later And Post Em

3rdbase- im Having Mine Pull Through All The 400's And Then Go Into A Y And The Now 1 Piece Of Ducting Through The 1000 To The Fan And Then Out, U Think Vortex 8 750cfm Will Cool All 5 Lights!

norcalhal- I Got The Super Sun 2 Hoods, They Seal Quit Nice, I Love The Quality Of Them! I Cant Wait To Turn Them On! So Wat Do U Think About My Set Up?? Am I Venting It Right? U Think That 8 Inch Vortex Will Be Adequate? Or Do U Think I Should Run Them Sealed Like I Beleive You Were Saying!!?? I Posted A Lil Drawing To See If I Understood You Right, Check It Out! Thanks

plans to room 2.jpg

and to the point.........all you have to do is put a candle or any smoke near the glass and hood i guarantee it will leak unless u seal them with tape or silicone :argue:

done right ...maybe but not to the point where theres no heat at all.. at thats what were striving for ya..

put some pics up and show me where its leakin you should be able to get all leaks with alittle time and work.thanks hal for your post you cant debate with this guy he has no idea what he is doing and goes around spreading useless info on here that dont make sense. every post he has made is just flat out wrong just really dumb wrong if there is such a thing. sorry albino for the rant again i got the ingnore button on him now so i dont have to read his foolish posts.

Latest posts

Back