How many lumens is too much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ishnish said:
Nice to have ya on board DX. :48:
All this talk about lumens makes me want to experiment!! :icon_smile:

I'm thinking of a 2x2x7 box with one 600w or 1000w....
maybe several of these boxes... then get a strain that can handle mass lumens... then breed it to handle even more lumens!!! :eek:
Let's make a stain that thrives in 50,000 L/sq ft! :hubba:
Screw time lapse photos, I want to watch it grow in real time!!

No thanks, I pay enough in elec already....

I run an aircooled 1000 in a 3x3 and figure its a hair over 14k lumes per ft squared. I noticed a huge improvement in yield in some autos that I crossed awhile back. I think there does get a point when too much light is harmful though. Even when there arent any hot spots I get some bleaching when they get too close to the light. I am lucky enough to rarely if ever having to fight high temps in my shed. I'm usually worried about getting more heat in there.

ishnish said:
Nice to have ya on board DX. :48:
All this talk about lumens makes me want to experiment!! :icon_smile:

I'm thinking of a 2x2x7 box with one 600w or 1000w....
maybe several of these boxes... then get a strain that can handle mass lumens... then breed it to handle even more lumens!!! :eek:
Let's make a stain that thrives in 50,000 L/sq ft! :hubba:
Screw time lapse photos, I want to watch it grow in real time!!

Edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ishnish again.

Lol I kinda think of it in the other way .. lets create a strain that can handle very low lumens and still produce well.. that way we can spend less on electric,, and outdoor growers could plant in better coverd areas.. I like your thinking tho.. if you want a trait in your MJ breed it in... I actually would like to know if there are any strains that preform at a lower lumen output then normal..

Aloha
Squidy

If someone really wanted to get creative with their breeding, a plant that sheds all it's shade and sugar leaves before harvest would be great....no ore trimming!

Roddy said:
If someone really wanted to get creative with their breeding, a plant that sheds all it's shade and sugar leaves before harvest would be great....no ore trimming!

Only if the plant will seperate the sugar leaves for you so they are easy to collect for hash making. :ignore:

Latest posts

Back