How many plants...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilKronic420

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, Does anyone know how many plants I'd have to grow to get 100 pounds dry?

depends on the strain, number of lights, lenght of flower time. but go figure = 100 light operation should give you a lb per light. and an indica like hashplant will give you at least an oz. dry in 8 weeks, therefore you would need 1600 plants. but 100 lights would probably not be enough so you would have to boot up to 125 - 1000w lights. a good sativa will give you up to 4 oz. dry with 50% more grow time. 4 plants per light = 400 plants and roughly 40 lights to do it.

What about Outdoor. LilKronic420 and myself found the perfect grow spot IMO, There is room for at least 30,000 plants but in NO WAY are we going to grow that many. We wouldn't mind to pull off a crop of at least 100lbs dry, so if we plant 1000 clones out doors we should be close to 100lbs dry?

depends on the strain and the soil which you should get a sample anylised and then go fer it

What are the highest yielding outdoor strains and the highest yielding Early Maturing strains outdoor as well?

I would grow just as many as I could get into the ground!!! 30k plants? lol I don't know if I could get that many growing at one time, haha

Ptbo_Stonerz said:
IMO, There is room for at least 30,000 plants but in NO WAY are we going to grow that many.

So I see..... :confused:

damn that would be the **** to make a grow op like that. you could become rich! If you do do a grow like that you better keep it on the DL big time tho

flight175 said:
damn that would be the **** to make a grow op like that. you could become rich! If you do do a grow like that you better keep it on the DL big time tho

THat's the thing for me.... I don't want to be rich....well not because of MJ. I'd rather just sustain my household and be happy that I don't even have to deal with drug dealers. I know what goes into my herb and I like it that way. :)

if you're going outdoors, you're gonna need more than 1000 plants. Creatures, mold, all kinds of stuff. The sheer security of growing like that i hope you have a ranch like Bonanza to grow on, otherwise its all gone....

IMO you'd be better off renting a house and growing it all out.. Good luck w/ electricity though. Do i hear propane powered generators ???

Well I have grown outside for a few years now and I know how much work it is to grow good bud. A lot!

For 1,000 plants, I would guess, you would need a crew of people to help you grow it and protect it. Think about how long it would take to trim a 1,000 plants!

*cough* can i say growing for commercial....
This post also Sent up a red flag for me.

Just one question, Why you wanna know?

LilKronic420 said:
Just out of curiousity, Does anyone know how many plants I'd have to grow to get 100 pounds dry?

I'd say at least a major felony...prison time for sure. good luck.

well Im not Leo. Im not trying to set up a sting or nothing. I was just curious thats all. There are alot of comercial growers out there. I have noticed with the plants I am growing that the yield is not going to be great. 100lbs dry weight would keep the wife and I smoking for years, plus it would put a lil cash in my pocket. I'm not looking at making a million$$ that would be nice but way too much heat. $50,00 to $100,000 could do me great, like i imagine it would do most of us pretty good.

Ptbo_Stonerz said:
well Im not Leo. Im not trying to set up a sting or nothing. I was just curious thats all. There are alot of comercial growers out there. I have noticed with the plants I am growing that the yield is not going to be great. 100lbs dry weight would keep the wife and I smoking for years, plus it would put a lil cash in my pocket. I'm not looking at making a million$$ that would be nice but way too much heat. $50,00 to $100,000 could do me great, like i imagine it would do most of us pretty good.

I hear where you're coming from man. Because of the worldwide exposure to our group, we don't want to introduce growing pot for money here.

This group is primarily for those who enjoy smoking pot or need it as a medication for serious illnesses.

Those who fit that view sometimes want to grow it themselves to relieve them of both having to enter the illegal drug market to purchase it, or having to use prescription meds to resolve their problems.

Our growing advice is for those who are NOT part of the illegal pot growing market. If that is your goal, more power to you. I hope you stay out of jail and that some really bad people don't give you an extended dirt nap. Those are very real possibilities when you grow pot for the illegal drug trade.

If someone learns how to grow from this group and then applies it to growing for illegal marketing, then of course we have no control over that, but we aren't going to openly help you do such a thing.

Thanks for the reply Stoney. I am not a comercial grower and I dont realy want to be. Really I was just curious. I have found a large secluded area to grow in BUT seeing as its just myself and the wife, mostly myself, thent tend to the plants gettting 100lbs dry is not going to be possible. We grew 7 ak47 this year. The yield is not going to be great so by the new year we are going to be back to buying "street weed", which none of us likes doing. I was looking at getting a larger supply to last from crop to crop. Mine and my wifes parent(s) smoke for medical but do not have a medical license. I have a lot of good close friends and family that just like myself are stuck buying mostly crap street weed. If I had enough to help out my family and friends, and make a lil cash at the same time whats wrong with that? Around here you pay $10cdn a gram $180-200 an oz for mid grade comercial. So helping out some people for like $50-75 an oz, allowing them to smoke some good clean mj without having to go through the hassle of going to the local "street thug" for garbage medacation, IMO is alright. Am I wrong to think like this?

Latest posts

Back