How many years experience growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many years experience?

• 1-5 years

• 5-10 years

• 10-15 years

• Old timer. LOL

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hick said:
..hee hee. An "old" boss told me one time.."some people have ten years experience, others have one year, ten times"
Hick thanks for making me puke with your avatar this morning. It's just what i needed. :eek:

Going on about 5-6th months so far...no bud yet :( . But to be fair my attempt has went fairly problem free so far and all my surviving plants are babes so fingers crossed for an awesome harvest. :D

Oh ya and no question im hooked, I know i wont ever stop growing especaily after my first harvest lol.

from the time i raided my first outdoor grow to now = 35 years. 33 years outdoor, got seeds from another outdoor raid. to inside = 15 years

astra007 said:
from the time i raided my first outdoor grow to now = 35 years. 33 years outdoor, got seeds from another outdoor raid. to inside = 15 years

Does this mean you used to be a cop, or are you still a cop?

that isn't even funny my friend? but even cops are human and like mj - where do ya think all that evidence locker stuff goes? no, we just have alot of outdoor growers hereabouts and when yer out checking yer grow, sometimes ya stumble accross some1 elses and if its mature - well? err....

luv them faces B/G

hmmmmm...a "cop" can be honest, dedicated, loyal to his profession and convictions. That I can respect.
A fellow grower that steals another mans crop.."I have a problem respecting"
What kind of "care provider", steals another mans medicine?...What kind of 'man' steals another mans work?..What does a 'man' like that see in the mirror in the morning when he shaves?
You have struck on a very sensetive subject with me.
Please elaborate/explain/justify those actions for me.

sure no problem hick, up hereabouts we make a game within my associated friends to look fer others grows. if we can find them with a little inside info then leo can too. we have about 25 grow areas and 30 peeps growing. over the years, we have created some nifty stealth outdoor plots. i once grew inside an old cow barn with no roof. posted danger signs that it may collapse at any time. and nailed shut the openings except 1 concealed one. hee haw - took off 30 hefty blueberries on that 1. varmits of all kinds could not get to it. its open to the growers, workers, family members, ect....... all ya have to do is bring in 1 plant then ya got the rights to grow that strain. thats how i got the TVK - even got shot at, i did........ scary old hermit. long time ago, i was a worker and i found a grow which lead me on my path. dont get yer knot in a bother, bud. oh ya, we sumtimes find others' grows as well. golden rule is never strip another persons grow and leave a message. i see yer point - i've lost grows to forest wildfires - it aint funny..........

Well, that makes me feel somewhat better. If it's "all among friends" no harm.
I stumbled onto a FOAF's grow once. I clipped an "obvious" bud and bobby pinned a $5 bill in it's spot. That conveyed a message without revealing information about "what I was doing" in the area.
I never 'fessed up to it, but heard about it through the 'grapevine'. It gave me a good snicker

Thought I would give you all a story. I'm new to this site but just can't get enough of it. Just started growing this year with some bag seed that I've been collecting for almost 20 years. I've tried growing a few times back when I was in school (about 23 years ago) but new nothing about it. Well let me see, back then my older brother was sellin' and I was pinchin'. I was 16 or so and my brother was around 25 and we lived with my mother and my little sis who was 13. I got some seeds from some of the pinched pot and started my first grow in my basement. Regular kid set up two liter bottle cut in half under a regular bulb with some tin foil around it. I had only one spout so I was babying it pretty good. The basement was my hangout had friends over all the time liftin' weights, smokin', drinkin' you know little parties under moms feet. My brother wasn't part of it he was old enough to go out and party, but my little sis was with us. She would bring some of her friends over and we would all have a good time. Well this one time I hooked up with this cute little thing about 13-14 at the time ( god and I have two daughters now One going on 19 and a goody goody withno clue and the other going on 13 and she's already starting to look for trouble I guess what goes around... well you know) any way this little tart wanted to crash in the basement and smoke and have some fun under moms nose. She spent the night and well the rest we don't need to get into. When I woke up the next day I made breakfast for her and well to make this story shorter she ate half my plant It was about 15" tall and had a nice thick stem in the shape of a Y. She ripped one arm off. I found out a little later by my sis that it was her. I never saw her again the little shit. Well what I did was take elmers glue and sealed the tear and it continued to grow. I couldn't believe it. I had it going pretty good in about 3 maybe 4 weeks when my mother found it and ripped it apart and threw it in the dumpster down the driveway. She thought it was my brothers. While she was bitchin' him out I was diggin' in the garbage lookin' to smoke it. Those were the days.

oh boy im just starting to grow the herbs so u can say im a rookie. i ve had gardens b for though!

Hick said:
..hee hee. An "old" boss told me one time.."some people have ten years experience, others have one year, ten times"

true...so true..
and you will always learn more from the passion of the grow than from any other aspect of it...

I didn't even know what pot looked like until I was 18. I decided to start smoking after joined the military! Great timing, I know... but for the past four years I think I have smoked just as much, if not more than my friends who were smoking back in junior high.

I'm 18, started smokin' when I was 11, started growin' when i was 16. I've only got 2 outdoor and 3 indoor (starting 4th soon) under my belt but I do alright for being a youngin'

I first tried growing about four years ago and ended up with all males, 24 to be exact. My wife made me through them out as they made the house smell, choices huh? So last summer a buddy and I was toking a fatty in the backyard, he said lets plants these seeds and see what happens. Basically I forgot about them until 2 months later I noticed this smell (lovely I say) of weed and looked down and saw 5 big plants and they were all female, woo hoo! I took them inside and cared for them and ever since I have been hooked on growing and now it is an obsession. Unfortunately I can't smoke until March, the whole probation thing ya dig, so by then I will have enough to have a smoke fest to revel a towering inferno.:D By the way this site is a Godsend vive' la growers!

Latest posts

Back