How many years experience growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many years experience?

• 1-5 years

• 5-10 years

• 10-15 years

• Old timer. LOL

Results are only viewable after voting.
The thread was started in Jan. when the forum was still small. You would be amazed at the amount of members that have joined since that day.

Just started indoors last year. Finally have a cool husband. Good for mee my fiends and family.

I'll continue to grow as long as I smoke and that will be when I die.

just getting started, but hope to be at it for a long long time.

BonesBUD said:
just getting started, but hope to be at it for a long long time.

Me too - started in March. Made some mistakes this year, but hope to come through the 'learning curve' and get good at it, one day...

so reopen the poll mutt lets see what kinda percentages we can get, make it more specific though,

1-3, 3-7, 7-10, 10-15,15+

re-opened for ya. added about another year to it.

come on now ppl mutt reopened the poll lets see what kinda of experience we really got

born/raised cityboy. - started "gardening" age 10 - (more than 4 decades ago) growing carrots, radishes, lettuce, etc., on a clay packed, shietty, shaded, little piece of dirt, called a backyard. started growing mj outdoors, (seedlings indoors) maybe 25 - 30 years ago - but inside, this is new to me, but the same principles apply "put a $10 plant into a $20 hole."

During the '70's, right after I got back from 'Nam...we grew it in our garden and never had problems, we were way out in the country, using bag seed and got some incredible smoke. Then a neighbor called in a complaint about the third year in...spent a bit of "hard time" over that, and didn't grow for nearly 30 yrs. Just got back into it about 2 yrs. ago and know 20 times as much as I used to thanks to sites like this.

Peace...j.b.

my 1st grow was an outdoor grow of some Afghani in '94....i was only 15 and me and a buddy thought we'd give it a try....started growing indoors in '96 and been going since then....

i just started growing this year, and have almost wiped out my crop 3 times so far, lol.....

my first attempt was in 1970.
grew outdoors until the early 90's
went indoors in 94

nearly a year
and its already the most fascinatin and productive hobby ive ever had
i think even if i stopped smokin i would keep on growin

Been doing the indoor for about 1.5 years and the outdoor guerilla before that for about 8 or so years...didn't learn much with the outdoor guerilla obviously..lol

man, you sound like the perfect parent/grandparent! ****, thats how i educated two of the nephews - the other ones only 12, so given time...

right, here it is. Just got my first batch of seeds growing. Simply placed around 40 seeds (from the last years recovering) into some seed trays with a good helping of potting compost two weeks ago, and for the last week have been adding Nitrozyne and BioBizz Grow every couple of days.

Very pleasantly surprised have they've shot up! Many more than i'd anticipated! Now around 50-80mm high.

Going looking for planting compost and other mediums today - perlite and dolomite/bat droppings/worm castings all seem to get regular good comments and recommendations. I'm looking at growing outside eventually in pots - currently will be in spare bedroom with lots of day light.Will start leaving the window open a little to let air flow too.

So then - any tips??

BC :woohoo:

:farm: I started growing in the summer of 1967. just some gifted bag seeds I put into a flower pot and grew in the back behind the barn. we smoked it all too. I dont know what kind it was really was, but it was supposed to be from Jamaica. since then it's been one glorious disaster after another, from soil outdoors to soil indoors with flouros to mercury vapor, to halide to sodium, then on to hydro in about 1983-84 and the next big change I see on the horizon is a dwc set-up.

Over the decades, it's become apparent to me at least that growing for my own stash is the ONLY way to go. I dont sell and noone has ever seen my growroom in person, except me. I only grow enuf to get from 1 harvest to the next, usually just 1 plant. any surplus from the past harvest is turned to oil, and from time to time I do have a little oil on hand.

And, not to say disasters dont still occur, take a look at my SnowWhite grow from april thru now and you can see what too-much-nutes can do to even a SuperPlant, by a very experienced grower.
:hubba:

Latest posts

Back