How many years experience growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many years experience?

• 1-5 years

• 5-10 years

• 10-15 years

• Old timer. LOL

Results are only viewable after voting.
There was no answer less than one year :D
I grew a plant back in 2000 indoors but I didn't really care... Just watered it.. And had a few nice buds to smoke at the end... :D
Than I grew Outdoors a few times but always failed... Now am more into it... Reading writing... ordering seeds...
I'm in love again :D
It's great!

is there a "less than one year "catagory ???lol

just started.tried in the past outside and always got ripped off or got scared one.hey bubonic,i want to get a hydro setup.and tips from you would be great.everyone tells me you get better smoke and more of it out of hydro.sure gonna give it a try.help me out bud.thank you.oh yeah,i had some plants last yr. that were 5ft and my girl pulled them up.of course i had them in her flower garden by the house.can't blame her.i didn't think they would grow.never did anything to them.just planted them and they took off,

wow, I see lot of young growers, I used to raise hell when I was in elem. and middle schools.. fair enough... I started grew at age 11 outdoor, lived near down the river, which works wonderful and hunters is not allowed to access these forest for years and still do.. has success at 12 year old..until then started learn that plants can grow under cfls which I was age 25, and has gone indoor this year Im age 27, I am so amazed that indoor is so fast in growing than outside, I could harvest in 80 days and learning to do 70/60 days to harvest..outdoor takes 9 months to a year to the harvest time! indoor blew my mind away, and Im doing tomatoes too in aero!

massproducer said:
it seems like a lot of people have crazy amounts of experience but yet have very little practical knowledge... How is this possible?

lol,strange indeed.
I grew my first plant at the tender age of 14.Me and my buddies started some seeds in the new school greenhouse.Then tried to grow them outside with no success.I kept trying and eventually got some actual bud a few years after that.Who knew growing pot was so complicated!That was 16 years ago so I guess that makes me an old timer.....bummer :(

Massproducer-

You can do something your entire life one way- that doesnt make it the right way.....Practice makes permanent!

Just to clarify, this thread should be about how many actual years you have grown. Doing one grow in 1988, and then one this year, doesn't mean that you have twenty years of experience.

well i started growing outdoors 13 or 14 yrs ago im a nubee at growing in doors like 3 months

Off in on since the early 80's

i may as well get it down. my first grow was 33 years ago outside on my uncles farm. now, that don't mean i've been growing every year for 33 years...hhmmm... but pretty darn close...

you wanna know something? i've never sold anything i ever grew. i prided myself by this rule...this stemmed from knowing what my 'ol man would do to me if i was ever found out about.thats what scared me the most, hurting my 'ol man...

thinking back now at all that weed i've grown, if i would have went the other way, i maybe would be dead by now...

my outdoor, after 33 years, came to an end this growing season. i've been wanting to come indoor for several years, and finally did my first indoor winter of 07. then , winter 08, and now 09...( i'm learning)...

i got alot to learn still. i admit. this indoor is a whole new world of growing opening up to me. so , here i am. what a better place there is to learn, than from some real fine folks i've met here at MP...

teach away.:hubba: , you have my full attention...Irish...:cool: ...

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
Just to clarify, this thread should be about how many actual years you have grown. Doing one grow in 1988, and then one this year, doesn't mean that you have twenty years of experience.

How true. But the opposite is also true. If you grow indoors and get 4, 5, or 6 crops a year and grow for 20 years, is that an equivalent to 80, 100, or 120 years experience?

:holysheep: I started in So. Cal. in 1975. Found a seed in my Ty Stick. anyone remember Ty-sticks.:headbang2:

1982.....always Indoor, Tried Outdoors A Couple Of Times,not Much Luck. Mind You In The Early 80's, There Was No Computer To Go To For Guidance And Knowledge.i Had My Indoor Mj Hort. Bible And The Rest Was Trial And Error. Oh Yea, No Hydro Stores Either.made Alot Of Gadgets Back Then, Now That I Think About It...i Still Do!!!!!

umbra said:
How true. But the opposite is also true. If you grow indoors and get 4, 5, or 6 crops a year and grow for 20 years, is that an equivalent to 80, 100, or 120 years experience?
..:rofl:... ;).. and if I've been growing in the same outdoor hole every year, for 20 years, unsuccessfully. Does that mean that I have "one year, twenty times"...:hubba:

Hick said:
..:rofl:... ;).. and if I've been growing in the same outdoor hole every year, for 20 years, unsuccessfully. Does that mean that I have "one year, twenty times"...:hubba:

lol, Hick. If you were growing in the same spot for 20 years unsuccessfully, I wouldn't think even 1 years experience 20x.

:cool2: Been growin off and on since '76, but now trying a stealth pc case grow, so far so good. And I do remember Thai stick, mmmmmm good!

Latest posts

Back