how many?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeydean

Reaction score
A friend gave me a couple 1000 watt hps lights w/ ballest! how big of a SCROG can i make with these? have a large basement to use. about how many plants can this grow sucessfully?

1 fur sure not getting the 100 some were in middle might be pushin some strains while others be needin more to less. Why not tryin to grow what yual need and tweek it from there friend hope yual find yur trails well.

BWD

A SCROG is a grow designed to utilize a small space to reap larger harvests out of fewer plants. If you have two or more 1000w HIDs, and the space to grow them, why not grow more plants using HST, LST, or flemming to produce more buds per plant, that way. You will be able to grow more bud than with a SCROG, because the SCROG is limited to your ability to reach under the screen to train your plants. JMO

I reach under me screen and train me plant often ;) cause the wife wont do it LOL

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
I reach under me screen and train me plant often ;) cause the wife wont do it LOL

BWD

:rofl:

Two 1000W lights will adequately light about 50-60 sq ft. You will not be able to utilize the entire basement with 2 1000s, but will have to erect some kind of reflective enclosure or buy a tent or 2. Plant count is an individual thing. You can veg them for a long time and run fewer plants or veg a short time and run more plants. I am with Menimeth on the scrog thing. I also think it is best in small short spaces. I think that other training methods would work better for a larger space--topping, fimming, lollipopping, etc.

Were you gifted hoods also? Are you going to be able to cool these? I am guessing probably an 8" fan would probably be adequate for 50-60 sq ft.

BWD, you crack me up!

yes have the hoods too! am thinking of building a room two walls in a corner. going to try DWC. THG keep a eye on this one!

4x8 with 18 to 21 gurls in 3gal pots is what I'd run

If running clones and no veg, this can be done....

what ive read bout 5x5 per 1000 watts.leave 2 ft per plant,but number of plants are up to individul

Latest posts

Back