1. Bud of the Month: Squish / No name plant
    Dismiss Notice

How Medical Marijuana Can Help with Sleep

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by 4thstreet1, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Mar 27, 2017 #1

4thstreet1

4thstreet1

4thstreet1

Medical marijuana has numerous health benefits. It can help you a great deal when fighting cancer, glaucoma, diabetes etc. According to the users of medical marijuana, it’s the best remedy which also offers peripheral benefits. One such benefit of using medical marijuana is “improved sleep”.

Learn different types of sleep disorders and how medical marijuana is helpful in the treatment of these disorders.

Rosebud and Julie Nicholson like this.
  2. Mar 27, 2017 #2

Dan789

Dan789

Dan789

I've found it's invaluable as an aid in allowing my wife to sleep. Even my a Dad who had trouble was converted after consuming a few MJ brownies that I shared with him. (Not all at once)

3. Jun 26, 2017 #3

rodriguezsmith

rodriguezsmith

rodriguezsmith

I got medical marijuana from a licensed local dispensary that surprisingly helped my mom to sleep well as she was fighting cancer and was not able to sleep throughout the day. Thanks to that MMJ strain!

4. Jun 30, 2017 #4

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

Something clever...

Retired
    I recently grew some "Big Buddha Cheese" a heavily indica hybrid hoping that it would help my wife sleep at night. I made canna butter from the buds and trim and we tried adding it to a night time caffeine free tea. It a,ways knocks me right out but my wife just can't go to sleep after drinking this stuff. It was called "Sleepy Time decafinated peach tea, I don't think it is the tea keeping her up as it's intended for bed time. Any suggestions for a better herb strain to try?

5. Jun 30, 2017 #5

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

Grand daddy purple is a good knock out for me. And i am not easily knocked out. MK Ultra is a good one too.

Julie Nicholson likes this.
  6. Jul 1, 2017 #6

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod Staff Member Admin

You know 2RedEyes, I think some people just do not respond to indicas with sleepiness. I personally, have never found a strain that "puts me down". Throughout the years I have looked for a good indica strain that would knock me out at night, but have not found one. There are ones that relax me and ones that make me non-motivational, but none that actually put me to sleep. I find edibles to be a bit better for me, too when looking for something to slow me down and help me sleep.

Just as a side note, Sleepy Time is a name brand and even though the tea is decaffeinated, not all the caffeine is removed when products are decaffeinated. It could be that she is sensitive to caffeine and the small amount of caffeine IS affecting her sleep. Also, how much cannabutter would/could you add to a cup of tea? It may not be enough for her. I would recommend her trying the cannabutter with/on something else to make sure the tea is not causing her sleeplessness.

7. Aug 9, 2017 #7

Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe

I've found that edibles have a more up effect for me than smoking, and I have fallen asleep sitting up in my computer chair after smoking northern lights.

8. Sep 1, 2017 #8

Ron

Ron

Ron

I tried it too. but for me it is much easier falling asleep when smoking than eating it. My uncle has a sleep disorder and I will definitely recommend he tried this out.

9. Nov 20, 2017 #9

johnlevy

johnlevy

johnlevy

Marijuana is a psychoactive drug which is used by a number of Medical professionals for the treatment of cancer, insomnia, depression etc. It is used by a lot of people as a drug for sleeping as it doesn't have any side effects but care should be taken while using this. so that a person should not be addicted to this.

10. Nov 20, 2017 #10

sopappy

sopappy

sopappy

I think we're all ignoring the elephant in the room. Go off your pot for a couple days and tell me how well you sleep. I can always tell how good my last grow was by how I sleep. The more mediocre the pot, the less I sleep. A DIRECT CORRELATION if you ask me.
    So marijuana is NO better than any other "sleep aid". Addictive, can't sleep without it.
    If I run out, it takes me a week of insomnia to WITHDRAW from non-addictive marijuana.

The ONLY medical value I've see in Pot is Glaucoma and that tremor thing, I've never really seen it "work" for anything else.

But for a "high", it has got to be one of the more harmless ones. But everything else is rationalizing. And it is far, far less harmful than anything alcohol or pharma but I still think you have to keep your head up.

11. Nov 20, 2017 #11

tcbud

tcbud

tcbud

Maybe that is why I’m passing out before 9 pm every night lately. Umbra’s Grandaddy cross is my fave of this years harvest.

Happy Holidaze all.

12. Nov 20, 2017 #12

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

I am happy to report that it helps with more than glaucoma. MS, for one, cancer for two, I could go on and on.

13. Nov 28, 2017 #13

sopappy

sopappy

sopappy

It only seems to help because it makes you feel better about a shitty situation. And maybe glaucoma and tremors but I just don't get the painkiller thing, Rose. Try having a fatty before your next trip to the dentist.

14. Mar 2, 2018 #14

Chiro

Chiro

Chiro

Cheers, my doctor offered me to take CBD oil for anxiety but I don't want to have anything in common with marijuana products. Can I refuse to take that stuff or does it really work fine and accepted as legal by the authorities?

15. May 31, 2018 #15

Julie Nicholson

Julie Nicholson

Julie Nicholson

Insomnia is a sleep disorder. It is a difficulty to get sleep or staying asleep. In this, the people are unsatisfied with their sleep. Medical Marijuana gives mental relaxation to get a better sleep. Use of marijuana/cannabis is the best remedy to maximize the sleepy effects. it also helps in dreaming. Some People says marijuana is a sleep stealer but that is not true, because its effects on our body’s endocannabinoid system to relieve stress and produce a sedative effect. Many people experience the same using marijuana and they give suggestion to use medical marijuana/cannabis as they have many benefits like curing mental stress, cancer, HIV, Anxiety, etc.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  16. May 31, 2018 #16

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

That is funny you said that, i am allergic to lidocaine so i have had a crown with nothing but pot on board, been there done that, don't recommend it. LOL

If you wear a "fitbit" you will see that your REM sleep will increase by two hours with cbd/thc on board. It doesn't make you sleep two hours more, just two hours of deeper, healing sleep.

17. May 31, 2018 #17

Dan789

Dan789

Dan789

For all those searching for relief, pain, sleep don’t forget edibles, and tincture or capsules containing MJ.
    The edibles/ capsules will work more subtly and hopefully allow you to rest, sleep. Salves made with MJ (coconut oil, lecithin, menthol crystals, bees wax) can provide relief from aches and pains, in my experience.

Rosebud likes this.
  18. Jun 1, 2018 #18

Julie Nicholson

Julie Nicholson

Julie Nicholson

It depends on the dose which you have consumed. And mainly how many doses accurate for your body. Some people consumed more amount of dose and some low according to their body and need. If you are using marijuana as medicine then it works otherwise you are using it like drugs or addiction.

19. Jun 1, 2018 #19

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

i don't agree with you on it you aren't using it as medicine, it is an addiction. I think everyone that smokes pot is feeling better from it. I think it is all medicine, just fun medicine.

20. Jun 1, 2018 #20

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod Staff Member Admin

Julie, I have trouble understanding what you are trying to say sometimes, but...you certainly aren't suggesting that if you get high from your medicine that you are abusing it or are an addict, are you? Do you actually know anything about cannabis?!?
    I agree with Rosebud 1000%. I have smoked cannabis since the late 60s. I believe that my activity level and general good health are partly because I have consumed cannabis most of my life. I didn't necessarily use it as medicine, but it had beneficial medicinal effects. I also reject the idea of addiction just because you use cannabis recreationally.