How much do I expect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger
Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering as to how much auto flowers usually yield. I know a lot of it is strain depended, but mine will be about 8" tall when it shows around 22-23 days... About how much; would it be comparable to flowering a 12/12 of the same size? An oz. maybe?2 hopefully?

About how much; would it be comparable to flowering a 12/12 of the same size?

Please clarify
:48:

a 12/12 reg strain will no dout out yield an auto..Im confused of the Question

i have a question/observation also...has anyone who grows autos had an auto strain tested for THC? I only ask because ruderalis has almost no useable THC and autos MUST retain most of the ruderalis traits to be able to still autoflower...:confused:

My guess is a 50/50 blend (minimum avg needed to still auto) would be about 7-9%THC....

OGKushman said:
i have a question/observation also...has anyone who grows autos had an auto strain tested for THC? I only ask because ruderalis has almost no useable THC and autos MUST retain most of the ruderalis traits to be able to still autoflower...:confused:

My guess is a 50/50 blend (minimum avg needed to still auto) would be about 7-9%THC....
Thats y i dont grow autos that have only been crossed once or twice. Russian Rocket fuel and Mi5 can hold there own against any strains around where i am. Id like to hear from someone testing autos aswell

Gixxerman420 said:
Hi, I was just wondering as to how much auto flowers usually yield. I know a lot of it is strain depended, but mine will be about 8" tall when it shows around 22-23 days... About how much; would it be comparable to flowering a 12/12 of the same size? An oz. maybe?2 hopefully?
on my 8 inch mi5 i got 18.7g on my 11 inch mi5 got 29.6g. it all depends tho

OGKushman said:

auto's are not half ruderalis. the only trait specifically bred into an auto from ruderalis is producing florigen by age not photoperiod.

lowryder #1 was effectivaly 25% ruderalis before selective inbreeding to make it %100 auto... and during this breeding only the autofloweing plants that showed high thc/yield were chosen... just like any breeding, you select the good phenos.

so lowryder #1 was the base for lowryder #2 taking the ruderalis in it down to 12.5% while only breeding it to cary the florigen production via age trait.

now look at how many new auto's use lowryder #2 as there base to get the auto trait... effectivaly reducing the ruderalis to 6.25%.

Thx dr. Autoflower; everyone! And 4U, I meant that if I flowered a 12/12 strain at 8" would it yield about the same as an auto that showed at 8"?

Gixxerman420 said:
Thx dr. Autoflower; everyone! And 4U, I meant that if I flowered a 12/12 strain at 8" would it yield about the same as an auto that showed at 8"?

Again, it is strain related. I have had 12/12 plants, different strains, but the same height that yielded far different amounts. It is really a fruitless endeavor to try and estimate yield.

I have a friend growing autos and IMO, even RRF does not come close in potency to most 12/12 strains.

again, just looking for a rough estimate... Seems anywhere from 1/2 oz to 1 1/2 oz dry weight... I can live with that... Just doing this to chill me out until they do something with this medical bill! I wish they'd hurry up; I got to looking and there's a different bill who is showing the same status as H577, but has been unchanged since March 14! That means we're looking at at least another month before it goes for a second reading in the house... And then we'll still have to wait for a third reading in the senate! Hopefully no amendments are to be made, just adds weeks to the process! But no more than 120 days after becoming law, we should have regulated supply!

MichiganMedhead said:
auto's are not half ruderalis. the only trait specifically bred into an auto from ruderalis is producing florigen by age not photoperiod.

lowryder #1 was effectivaly 25% ruderalis before selective inbreeding to make it %100 auto... and during this breeding only the autofloweing plants that showed high thc/yield were chosen... just like any breeding, you select the good phenos.

so lowryder #1 was the base for lowryder #2 taking the ruderalis in it down to 12.5% while only breeding it to cary the florigen production via age trait.

now look at how many new auto's use lowryder #2 as there base to get the auto trait... effectivaly reducing the ruderalis to 6.25%.
where are you getting precise genetic variation percentages from??? Genotype can not be calculated with any real basis. Phenotype, well thats just subjective isnt it? I dont care what it looks, smells, or tastes like when i want to know how potent it is.

I want to see a first hand Gas Chromatograph printout of the total cannbinoids found in some auto (main trait of ruderalis) strains. I know people test them, i bet the results are not great and this is why google offers little help.

OGKushman said:
where are you getting precise genetic variation percentages from??? Genotype can not be calculated with any real basis. Phenotype, well thats just subjective isnt it? I dont care what it looks, smells, or tastes like when i want to know how potent it is.

I want to see a first hand Gas Chromatograph printout of the total cannbinoids found in some auto (main trait of ruderalis) strains. I know people test them, i bet the results are not great and this is why google offers little help.
I don't imagine they get any better than about 15% (if that high)... But I'm not really looking for knock out weed; or a collosal yield, I just was looking to grow SOMETHING and was wondering how much an auto usually yields... I wouldn't know where to begin with a gas chromatograph, but I'll take your word for it that that's how they test the THC... That can't be a total volume %... What about it is 15-20% THC? (for those who claim this much)

If I was growing something, it would be a monster that got me plenty high...the risk is the same either way....

OGKushman said:

it's simple biology, i didn't discribe the way they looked, smelled or tasted...
tha main trait may be the florigen production via age (ruderalis) but it is not the dominant one.

the best way to see something first hand is to do it. other than that your gunna have to take what the seed banks list as thc percentages true.

auto's aren't the only strains it's hard to find gas chromatograph thc/cbd ect read outs....

not to mention, just because someone else can get 22% thc of a strain doesn't mean thats what your gunna get.

as far as yield.... i'd say 20 grams

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I wouldn't be holding my breath on mmj passing the first time around in NC. Are your laws actually implemented 120 days after passage?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I don't want to burst your bubble, but I wouldn't be holding my breath on mmj passing the first time around in NC. Are your laws actually implemented 120 days after passage?
I can't imagine that it will pass this first go either... The bill states that 120 days after passing, a regulated supply will be made available... I'm hoping that it does pass, and I won't have to wait until they have regulated supply to start growing my own... In fact, whether or not they pass it, once it's decided, I'll start growing again either way! I'm looking at it as giving them a chance to make it legal, but I'm going to do it anyways... Roddy, I agree with you to a point... If I were to grow a monster 12/12, I'd have to run the HPS, which incurs cooling it... Which involves noisy a/c units... And the building the garage is in is connected to another garage on either side of it! I am trying to be stealthy!:D I figure it won't amount to much, a

Gixxerman420 said:
I can't imagine that it will pass this first go either... The bill states that 120 days after passing, a regulated supply will be made available... I'm hoping that it does pass, and I won't have to wait until they have regulated supply to start growing my own... In fact, whether or not they pass it, once it's decided, I'll start growing again either way! I'm looking at it as giving them a chance to make it legal, but I'm going to do it anyways... Roddy, I agree with you to a point... If I were to grow a monster 12/12, I'd have to run the HPS, which incurs cooling it... Which involves noisy a/c units... And the building the garage is in is connected to another garage on either side of it! I am trying to be stealthy!:D I figure it won't amount to much, a

What kind of lights are you going to run? A HPS runs cooler than CFLs of like lumens. And you are going to need ventilation (exhaust) regardless of what kind of light you use.

If you have kids in the house, I don't think you will be able to keep it from them if you grow in your pantry.

I bought a Critical mass x AK47 auto strain, and one of them yielded over 3oz the rest yielded about 2 each, other auto strains ive grown have yielded about 1ozish on average.

Man these auto flowers are intense to read about.... Im just stickin with the good ol' indica/sativas man, I personally love the larger bushier high yielding plants.... but I also dont have an attached garage neighboring my room.... or neighbors for that matter..... lol

Gixxerman420 said:
I don't imagine they get any better than about 15% (if that high)... But I'm not really looking for knock out weed; or a collosal yield, I just was looking to grow SOMETHING and was wondering how much an auto usually yields... I wouldn't know where to begin with a gas chromatograph, but I'll take your word for it that that's how they test the THC... That can't be a total volume %... What about it is 15-20% THC? (for those who claim this much)
Volume of an "oblong" dry substance that will absorb liquid and destroy GC test is hard to calculate. We use mass. THC normative standard calculated daily; sample is calculated by obtaining its mass, and injecting sample into a GC (fancy vap with sensors looking for what we want to find hooked to a computer), and obtaining a total mass of CBN, CBD, and THC. From there its simple algebra...:cool:

Granny; I'm not running but about 200 watts of CFL: my HPS is a 400 and is bulky as hell... Heat will not be an issue for I have vegged in this same spot with the same amount of CFL and had no issue... I realize I'd have better results with HPS, but am skating thin ICE with the wife just having it in here... Gonna keep it as small as I can to get a somewhat effective yield!

Ranek: The auto I ordered is a critical x ruderalis ... You're yield quotes are exciting, but far from what I'll expect!;)

Rotten: I'm not really growing this auto out for a yield; just wanting something to cure that "itch" to finish what I started (read about that in the GJ in my sig) I ordered the Il Diavolo through attitude's pick and mix... I LOVED the structure of that plant and she was just starting to flower good! Not much weight yet, but picking up pace quickly! I want to see what the strain is capable of potency and yield wise, in in-optimum conditions... Just for a base line... I prefer the 12/12 strains also but the auto flower characteristic is amazing to me! This is also My first auto, and I wanted to at least go to harvest!

OGK: Thx:cool2: I always wanted to know how they got those numbers, and no one has been able to tell me for years!:rofl: I've had dealers tell me "oh this is like 25-30% man!" I'm like first, 24% is pushing it! And secondly, how does one determine this!?" No answers for that one!:rofl:

Latest posts

Back