How much longer would you veg these !!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are you putting bleach in your res? :eek: Plants do not like chlorine. We leave water setting out for 24 hours or so to get rid of this.

I'm with Hushpuppy on the nute thing. Have you calibrated your meter lately? It is extremely hard to believe that you have nute burn at the levels you are running your nutes. I recommend using 1 part micro and 2 parts bloom. Even with Mandala strains which are very nute sensitive, I can get the levels to 1200 or so.

Hmmm, all that seems OK. I guess they are just nute sensitive as some plants are. Is the tip burn fairly uniform across all the plants? Or is it just a couple of them? If it is just a couple of them or the ones that are closest to the rez then it may be that you have a clog in the UC lines or for some reason the nutrients aren't getting distributed evenly and are a little stronger in those containers where the burn is. If it is uniform then it must be that they ar just sensetive to nutes. 3 weeks old is still young plants and I usually don't have my ppm to high at that point. At the same time they are growing very vigorously to be the size they are now. Were these from seed or clone? How tall are they right now? they look to be about 8".

Good catch Goddess :) I didn't think about the chlorine, that could be the culprit. I wouldn't run any of that unless there is an issue of slime and then I would use H2O2(hydrogen peroxide) not chlorine.

The tips burning are pretty even on all 8 of them....as for bleach its something i read on another forum, its the first time i use bleach and its the first time i have such great looking and healthy plants, that being said its also my first attempt at RDWC. I heard good and bad things about bleach and also about H2O2. I'll stop using the bleach and see what happends it wont hurt i'm sure !! Last week they were arround 10 to 12 inch so now i'm sure they are past 15 inch tall as i can almost sit there and literally watch them grow !! They are from female seeds. I'll check in each bucket tonight and see if the ppm's are the same in all 8, and ill try to take better picture's of the leave tips, maybe it's not that of a big deal either i don't know !!

I do not use anything in my reservoirs and I never get slime. I think that if you can keep your temps in check and no light gets in, you shouldn't need either.

I still do not believe that bleach (chlorine) in any amount can be beneficial. I do clean my buckets with a bleach solution, but I rinse numerous times to make sure there is not residual left behind.

well i looked a little closely at my meter's and it turn's out that a .5 conversion need's 1382 solution....my Hanna Dist 1 is a .5 conversion meter and i calibrated it with 1500 solution witch is for .7 conversion meter's and it's the only solution i have at home !! Now my Hanna Combo meter can be either calibrated at .5 or .7 conversion, so i switched it to .7 and tried calibrating it with the 1500 solution i have and the damn thing just wont calibrate, it just sits at the (use 1500) and the cal. icon blinks until the meter shuts down because its been at idle to long !!

I took a few pic's while i was waiting for it to calibrate !!
IMG_0355_opt.jpg
IMG_0356_opt.jpg
IMG_0360_opt.jpg

Yeah that figures. The bulb is burned in at the .5 conversion reading. I hate to say this but you will have to either get a new TDS meter or order a new bulb for one of them(if you can do that for the Hanna. I have a milwaukee that the same thing happened but I was able to replace the bulb on it for about $30). You will have to do this as those meters will not read correctly and keeping up with TDS is important (until you really learn both the plants and the system, and the nutes). Once you get used to knowing the concentration levels of the nutes, and how much the plant strain likes, then tracking the TDS closely is not as critical as you will be able to do it in yer head.

I don't think that your burning issue is too bad at this point, given the pics that you posted. They are pretty dark and have a bit of tip burn, both of which are good signs of overnuting. Given the wrong calibration on the pens, I would say to go back to the previous mix rate until you get your pens straight. I don't think you need to do any drastic changes at this point, other than discontinuing the bleach use.

I don't know if you keep your pens in stabilizing solution but once you use the pen for the first time, you are supposed to keep the bulbs from drying out by keeping them in some stabilizing solution. I use the 4.01ph calibrating solution diluted 1:1 in 6.5 clean water. I also put a piece of sponge material in the caps to hold the solution from pouring out.

I got my sponge material from the standard cleaning sponges that you can buy at the grocery store for kitchen cleaning. I just cut off a piece to fit in the cap and then poured a little bit of the solution and water into it, and it keeps the bulbs wet and within spec. :)

if the bulb is burned in at the .5 conversion then i could buy some 1382 solution and calibrate my hanna combo at the .5 conversion right ! thats how i had it calibrated before, .5 conversion with 1500 solution witch should of been 1382 !! I hope i don't need to buy a new one as it's my first grow with this new Combo meter !! Oh and all my 8 bucket's read the same ppm so i'm good there !!

Hmm, that is a good question. You can get a small sachet of 1382 cal fluid for a few bucks rather than buying a whole bottle and see if it calibrates for you that way. If it does yer golden, if not yer lead. :)

Just a little update, decided to flip the lights 3 days ago, gave them a good prune as well. here's a picture to show how there doing !!
IMG-20120407-00150.jpg

everything seems to be going ok for now...i hope it stays that way !! Just a few more pic's for you guy's and girl's !!
IMG-20120417-00174.jpg
IMG-20120417-00179.jpg
Added another 2000 watts for a total of 4000 watts, that should do it !! you almost need a welder's mask to get in there !!

Hushpuppy said:
Hmm, that is a good question. You can get a small sachet of 1382 cal fluid for a few bucks rather than buying a whole bottle and see if it calibrates for you that way. If it does yer golden, if not yer lead. :)
Calibrating my Hanna Combo pen with 1382 solution on the .5 scale worked....i'm really glad it did, paying another 200$ for a pen would of sucked !!

No doubt :( The Girls look great. Your are going to have a seriously busy harvest :)

Yeah. They should blow up real nice. Keep those bulbs down lower though. The tip should be half way down the plant and there should really be at least another 1k hanging in the middle. Or 2 more overhead in hoods. The inside will need light also to maximize your harvests. But keep their health up like it is and you pull a nice haul from those :)

I just read this thread today. I think I will subcribe to it and watch the happenings. Looks good to my rookie eye

wish i could lower them in between nouvellechef but there is no more space, there all touching each other,next round i will set them apart more, at least a foot and get my res. and controller out of the room that will give me more space !!

This is just my personal opinion as I have no experience running lights vertically, I would put all of them in cooltubes and run them horizontal. Then I would run 2 hoses from 2 exaust fans and connect 2 lights to each hose in series so that you have 2 fans pulling air out through the lights to cool them. And then get a couple charcoal filters to put on the ends for the flowering aromas.

If you had plenty of space to hang the lights down inbetween the plants rather than above the canopy then vertical would be ok. But for the solid canopy, you need the lights horizontal so that the light travels more directly to the plants. As they sit now I believe that you are losing some of the light energy that is available because it is staying up above the plant canopy rather than being directed down onto it, and into it. That's just my opinion though :)

Your adsolutely right Hush...this will be my last run for a while. When i get back to it ill have cool tubes or the 8"XXXL air cooled hoods not sure witch yet!! They are pretty expensive so i'm going to hold off for a while, i should do ok for now i hope !! i'll probebly give those 2X4 inch fencing to go on top you were talking about a while back too !!

I dont know man , Heath robinson's vert's are crazy sick and he claims there's less heat issues as well :confused2: go figure

Latest posts

Back