How much longer would you veg these !!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's why Hush mentioned cool tubes so you can get the light closer....to take care of the heat issue if you go horizontal !! If you put your hand under a vertical bulb's tip you can almost touch it, not so much on the side's !! If there's more heat, mean's more light !!

not true, halogens are an example of less lumens more heat...lol...

If you want to get technical yeah that's true, but I was talking hps or mh in general !! Lol !! Its all good !!

Well everything was going great until i switched to flower....they are still looking alright i guess but could be better. Maybe someone will be able to help me out. Here is a bunch of pic's of how things are going !!
IMG-20120425-00188.jpg
IMG-20120425-00186.jpg
IMG-20120425-00194.jpg
IMG-20120426-00199.jpg

In 24 hrs the PH goes from 5.8 to 4.5 not sure what is doing that !! PPM didn't go more than 500, this last week the PPM's was only at 250, the root's look great, the tips of the leaves are burnt as hell, and the leaves are now turning yellow, don't know if it's over fert's or under fert's, maybe someone can tell from the pic's ??

Might be the camera but the plants look hungry to me, and 500ppm seems low to me, though my experience is more with aeroponics and soil. Shouldn't it be more like 1000ppm+ ? Depending on strain but most like the foodz

I though so too but the burnt leaf tips are confusing me !! Lol I'm going to bump up the ppm's and hope for the best !!

^ some strains I've noticed will do the leaf tip crisp at lower ppm's, so you think they are a light feeder. but they can take, and utilize, much more.
some fertilizers, like Nirvana, will make the pH dive a full point or more as it ferments in the system, so you have to do a water change to get pH stable. but its worth it and the plants love a water change anyway.

deepspacelaboratories said:
^ some strains I've noticed will do the leaf tip crisp at lower ppm's, so you think they are a light feeder. but they can take, and utilize, much more.
some fertilizers, like Nirvana, will make the pH dive a full point or more as it ferments in the system, so you have to do a water change to get pH stable. but its worth it and the plants love a water change anyway.

thanx for he help, i bumped up the ppm to 700 and will see how it will turn out !!

i try to keep mine short and dont count weeks in veg.i let the get about 12 in. and flip

900 over what my Tap puts out is lucky for me.... on everything I have grown so far....

Yup to low ppm.....lesson learned but you tried to tell me tho, burnt leaf tips really screwed with my head.....aw well next time. They are still doing ok tho, to me anyways !! here's a pic !!
IMG-20120512-00209_opt.jpg
they are not 100% but they will get through it !!

stonedagain714 said:
i try to keep mine short and dont count weeks in veg.i let the get about 12 in. and flip
12 inches sounds good, i fliped these at arround 18, 20 inches and they got to big for the space they were appart !!

yup that sounds about right with what i just experienced !! I'm talking about the 900 over what your tap water is !!

Sorry for the very late update my friends......but the final results for my grow was 2.85 lbs, not bad considering they were starved till the last 3 weeks of flower !!

Latest posts

Back