How much longer would you veg these !!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unlimitedblackx

Reaction score
These girls are 3 weeks and 4 days today from feminized seeds, just wondering how long you fine grower's would veg these ?? i would like them to finish 3 1/2 to 4' tall under 2000 watts hps !!
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG-20120322-00124.jpg
    IMG-20120322-00124.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG-20120322-00125.jpg
    IMG-20120322-00125.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG-20120322-00126.jpg
    IMG-20120322-00126.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 157
:yeahthat: 6 weeks is my lucky number

No disrespect to you my friend but i'm pretty sure they'll be tangled in the lights by then, I was planning on harvesting in 2 1/2 month !!

You guys are talking from the start right, not from where i am now !! 6 weeks veg total ?? That would give me 5 to 6 weeks.....yeah that will work. My first question should of been " how much longer would you veg these " sorry bout that !!

Heck no man. They wont come close to those lights with proper training, topping and fresh bulbs in there. I would go solid 6 more weeks and bush those things out. Prune them up good. Those are 5gal buckets. Easy 12-14oz from those buckets. Unless your hurting for smoke. Go for the glory. Pull 2k plus grams from there.

Top them or Fim them, if Top do i do it once or twice ?? i would love nothing more then get at least 4 lbs out of these !! I never trained one before, i seen how its done but never tried it !!

If you are going to veg them a while longer and you have the verticle space then definitely FIM them. It is very easy to do and right now is the time to do it. instead of cutting the tops out of them, you reach into the top of the growth(with clean fingernails) and push the newest leaves open to expose the topmost growth which looks like a small bloom coming straight up. use your forefinger and thumb to feel the "nut" of the "leaf bloom", and using your fingernails, pinch the top 2/3s of the "nut" out.

Doing this will redisburse all of the growth hormones to the lower branches and will turn all of them into "top main colas". If you do it right, you will see explosive growth from all of the lower branches while the original top cola's upward growth will stall and slowly recover, and send out 2-4 branches from that point. If you mess up and pinch out too much(no problem) it will just make it pop out a double cola, just like topping. If you mess up and don't take enough, it will slow down a bit then recover and continue to grow straight up(you will know in a week). If that happens, just do it again, no problem since you have several weeks of veg time yet. :)

If you FIM them and get it right the first time, you will not need to do it but once. And then get ready for some explosive bushy growth :hubba:

you can always do both, you have enough young plants in veg, and then decide what you like best after harvest.

FIM can lend itself to more than just two main shoots, sometimes 3 or more. TOPing is limited to 2 shoots each time you top. first top is 1 to 2, second is 2 to 4, third is 4 to 8....ect. That depends on if you choose to top every new shoot, and if there is enough time in veg to top that often.

As far as how often your limited to once IMO, because you only have 2 weeks left. You wont want to be doing it in flower, especially in full bloom, or 3+ weeks into flower. You want healthy full females before going into flower, IMHO.

Hope this helps
Drfting

I really appreciate the help guys !! i'm going to give fimming a try and see what happends !! ill post a few more pic's in a week or so and will see how i did !!

You need to flip those lights in exactly 20 days 11 hours and 29 mins, trust me, LOL.

unlimitedblackx said:
Top them or Fim them, if Top do i do it once or twice ?? i would love nothing more then get at least 4 lbs out of these !! I never trained one before, i seen how its done but never tried it !!

Haha. Its not as easy as I say. Should of put dis-claimer. Knocking out those yields and not having done alot of practice with raising bushy girls, doesnt go hand in hand. Practice practice :)

I would prob top, maybe, 12 times and have 18-24 colas. All the rest gets trimmed off. Again, practice, practice. I might take pics tonight. I have a GDP that basically is what yours should look like. Has 22 main colas.

nouvellechef said:
Haha. Its not as easy as I say. Should of put dis-claimer. Knocking out those yields and not having done alot of practice with raising bushy girls, doesnt go hand in hand. Practice practice :)

I would prob top, maybe, 12 times and have 18-24 colas. All the rest gets trimmed off. Again, practice, practice. I might take pics tonight. I have a GDP that basically is what yours should look like. Has 22 main colas.

:yeahthat: Walk before run!!!

unlimitedblackx said:
No disrespect to you my friend but i'm pretty sure they'll be tangled in the lights by then, I was planning on harvesting in 2 1/2 month !!

No disrespect to you, but 6-8 weeks will not have them tangled in the lights, they are 3-1/2 weeks now. I'm also confused here--Why are you planning on harvesting in 2-1/2 months? Why not give them a good long veg time (since you must have plenty of room as you have 2000W of HPS), do some training like mentioned, then flower however long it takes? Most strains take 2 to 2-1/2 months just to flower.

What strains do you have going? How long are the flowering period estimates? And IMO, 4 lbs is probably not going to happen. But I can pretty much guarantee that it is not going to happen unless you veg them a lot longer. Even a 4 oz plant is a good sized plant and you want 8 oz plants. I have never had anything over about 5-1/2 oz indoors.

This is the stain in the picture's hxxx://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/dna-genetics-rocklock-feminized/prod_750.html. I was planning on another 2 weeks veg then flip the lights and its an 8 week strain (that they say anyways) The ceiling in my room is 7 1/2 feet, my lights are in a chinese style round reflector, so minus at least 18 inches there, minus my 5 gallon bucket's.

One of my plants is different than the other's, it's the first time i see one like this and i think it's pretty cool !! Here's a cool picture, but probebly many of you have probebly seen this before !!

IMG-20120323-00133.jpg
IMG-20120323-00129_opt.jpg
IMG-20120323-00130_opt.jpg

and a few more of my attempt at Fimming, i think it did ok !! :eek: The middle pic is the cool one !!

The FIM job looks good. And cool trifecta!

Latest posts

Back