How much product/weight can you receive from one plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewtonMc49

Reaction score
Was just wondering, How much smokeable weed you can recive from one plant. I know that it will very because plant size. But if someone could possibly tell me how many plants it would take to reach,... say 10lbs of smoke? also what size of a room and how many lights it would take to reach about 10lbs of smoke. Thanks for your help.

you can get between nothing and a pound and a half a plant....if its your first grow plan on getting nothing/plant. once you know what your doing then it depends a lot on the strain and environment. i think between half an O and a QP if normal for indoor. but not 100% sure though. hope it helps a bit.

yeah, it helps, I am seeing that it will probly very for every thing. How tall the plants get, how thick.... just about everything. I am just wondering what some people get per plant. Indoor plants, not in a closet but, the size of a bedroom.

I got about 3 oz off 2 plants. It was my first grow in a 3.5x3.5 closet witha 600 w HPS. I vegged for 5 weeks and flowered for 7 1/2.

this depends on what kind of lighting your using will depend height. I didn't want height on my cause im in a crawl space so I use 8 fluro plant lights on the sides ( 4 plant fluros on each side of the plant) and a 1 small fluro on the top for the height growth, my plants are bushy and full, the plant will grow towards the light you can use reflectors which I learned afterwards but oh well.. I have read other methods of bushy low plants and that is to LST (Low Stress Traning) which im still fairly new at and haven't tried yet but have been reading it over and over understanding it, for sure on my next grow or after that I will try one and learn from it... Ive never meet anyone who wanted 10lbs of growing weed all for themselves at once in the same house hold... sounds like we got an entrepreneur here...

I just look at it like this, if im going to do it... and take a small risk, might as well go all out.

yeah there is a difference between doing stealth and risk, I perfer stealth... your not talking about a few plants, if each plant produces an average of 1-1/2oz of buds you need 10.5 plants to produce a pound, thats 105 plants for 10lbs and thats if you do it all right and if they are all females...never mind the hydro that you'll be using, unless your planning on stealing it... I guess the risk is better then getting caught in the states

;) your loosing the point of this bro..its not about how much per plant u can get its how much per light..i could grow 1 plant under 1x600watt light be there are many down falls..
1.long veg time,and i mean very long.where talking 8 weeks at least
2.small yield due to the fact that your not maximizing space,
ok just for argument's sake u could get 2 pounds from 1 plant vegged for 8-10 weeks but u could also get 2+ from 20 plants vegged for 2- 3 weeks..which one would u choose..its all about getting the most out of the light in the minimum time..that my opion any way..im sure some of u will disagree;) .?

Monkey is right
its about lights, not plants
for a first time you maybe very lucky to get 1lb per 1000watt bulb.
you can have 15-50 plants per light depending on your veg. time.

You are right it is all about the amount of light. I can consistently produce 2 pounds per 1000 watt HPS with about 10 days veg. 6 plants per light. Remember you are growing bud not plants. Williams Wonder was the strain of choice. This is taking into consideration that the room is set up right. C02, dehumidifier, ventilation, yada yada.

greenear said:
You are right it is all about the amount of light. I can consistently produce 2 pounds per 1000 watt HPS with about 10 days veg. 6 plants per light. Remember you are growing bud not plants. Williams Wonder was the strain of choice. This is taking into consideration that the room is set up right. C02, dehumidifier, ventilation, yada yada.

I've seen 2 pounds off one plant... but only 10 days vegging and 6 plants? Love to see it.

With a 4 light setup growing through 2 layers of chicken wire set about 2 feet above the pots and the 2nd set at about 3 foot above the 1st one, the idea is to spread the female so she grows wide, Lts at 6ft on center, plants 3 wide. a row directly under and one in between with one on the outside at the ends. with WW I can produce 9 1/4 lbs consistently. I use a atomesheric controller with co2 set at 2000ppm's dehumid set at 50% and peters 10/50/10 at 2000ppm,s and temp at 80 degree's. NO B.S. CONSISTENTLY

I ran across a study in 94 done by Stanford on how to commercially grow cannabis it said the chicken wire was it. It also went into the reveg and what the loss was, I am going from memory but i think it was a 25% decrease in yeild but it reccomended that 1 time was time effective. I never tried. Also it recommended that you should not allow the stem to penetrate the top wire, keep pushing it down so the bud will be the only one above and you can mow the bud off. I also did not do this I allowed the plant to grow through it. There was comment on the possibility of a commercial harvesting machine to mow them down. But who knows. I will search for this and when I find it I will post it. but that will be later because as you know this is a busy time of the year. This is my 1st time in the sun. I can tell you it is a whole new experience

greenear said:
your saying u get juts over 5oz per plant with 10 days veg.:confused:

I don't suggest that a newbe use Co2
i do 5 days veg, and 50 a light.
I would really like to see 10 days veg. and 6 a light.

I'm not saying it cannot be done.. I got a friend that onyl grows 2 plants at a time.. and yeilds 4 pounds... BUT... with 10 days vegging.. yes, I'm saying it is impossible.

i am saying that as well..10 days veg with 6 plants will never yield 5oz even if u stretched it over chicken wire...even in hydro 10 days veg isn't long...are u talking wet or dry weight?

The only reason I disagree.. is because I use Aeroponics (which is debatably the fastest growing system). I clone from my mother... wait till my clones get roots out through the rockwool starters.. put into 4" rockwool cubes.. and I veg for a week.. so 7 days... then flip to 12/12. from 16 plants... or a 4x4 area.. the maximum that should be done under a 1000w light w/o doing SOG. And I get between 500-600g.. so 3oz over a pound basically. THIS IS CONSISTANT... Scraggly plants yeild less then bushy ones.... Nodes determine more bud... why would u want to string them out?

I met a guy that used co2 the other day actually... HUGE grower... commercially... he said he sold all his co2 gear.. as it didn't provide big enough results.... he said over a 4x4 area it might yeilded a ounce more... not enough money to go w/ the hassle and lugging and upkeep and price of buyin the co2/computers to control it.
I know we don't talk about ppl that sell on here.. but this commercial person didn't think it was worthwhile... he is going for biggest yeilds. Not like us with the quality as well as quantity.

I do think you can get 9 1/4 pounds.... but I also know you cannot with only 10 days vegging.

if u know any good spots outside... you might get the weight u are looking for. but its kinda late in the year. plant in the spring. harvest in october.

Latest posts

Back