How much T5 Lighting needed in a 4x4 Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a 4 bulb T5 HO . Small on . I'm comparing it to a 400 MH guess that's why.

I got 4 new clones under the T5 will have to see how they do.
My T5 is a nice one it only 2'
So what about I get another 4 bulb T5 2' and then get 2 small T5 for seedlings like the one bulb ones that are $30

THG how about this LMFAO
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421337046.837313.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421337036.655730.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 317
I tossed my 400 MH and never looked back. CFl's are not what you want if you want to put out dank.

No it is not equal, but it can do just as good a jod or better, its a different kind of light.

Stank I'm about to just send you a dam light, cfls are absolute garbage, it was the dumbest lighting idea ever.

People that use T-5s will tell you every time, you will never see faster vegetative growth. I believe even LEDs don't beat the T-5s till a certain point of growth is met.

T8 is not T5. HO T5 is great to veg under, prob the best, but then you need something else to flower under, if you are trying to go cheap you want a hid digital ballast with both bulbs. Thats the cheapest way to a complete set up.

for what it is worth, i have 3 grows under my belt and i have used my 4 ft 4 bulb ho t5 fixture from start to finish on all three grows. yes i am trying to keep it on the cheap and yes i am a tightwad but i have had pretty good results. i have attached a few pics. i don't get the awesome results i see most of you getting but i still get some frosty buds and decent yields using the t5's. my last grow i got about 10 ounces from a little over 300 watts total(t5's and cfls).

View attachment IMG_1991_zoom.jpg

View attachment IMG_2232.jpg

View attachment IMG_1699.jpg

View attachment IMG_1685.jpg

If it interests you there is a youtube video by a guy called ajgrowsalot where it chronicles start to finish a grow using t5s. He scrogged and flowered under them and had a really good result. Search his name...its an interesting video.

top pic was dutch passion master kush, next two were greenhouse seeds thai(from two seperate grows) and the last is dna genetics stacked kush. not as tasty as i was hoping, hammy but still nice. not trying to hijack danks thread. just wanted to show it is possible to get some decent results using t5's and being a cheap old fart...

It's all good old fogey your on topic .
Do you have all blue bulbs?
I just started to veg clones under my T5 .

i veg under blue bulbs but probably more blue than most folks. i use 10000 kelvin bulbs. the dude at the grow shop said people liked them. he may have been trying to unload them on me but to be honest, my plants seem to like them. the only thing is the plants all stay very compact. my tent is only 4 ft tall and with the charcoal filter and t5 fixture, i only have maybe 3 feet i can use. my 3 gallon pots are probably take up another 10 inches so my plants can only be about 2 feet tall. my first grow i lst'd the snot out of the plants. that worked pretty well but the 2nd two grows i lst'd and scrog'd. with the 10000 kelvin bulbs, i get a trunk that is probably 3/4" to an inch in diameter at the base. i looked back and the master kush i grew was 3 and a half months from sowing the seeds to harvest. i think i got a bit over 2 ounces per plant(grew 2 plants). i chopped them a bit early though. probably would have gotten more. the last grow i went fulll term and got a much better yield. but that is all a bunch of blah blah blah. it sounds like you are just going to veg under the t5's. they work well for me. i will post my grow journals below. they are on rollitup. i just got sick of the negativity on rollitup so i came here. nice, helpful people.

http://www.rollitup.org/t/3rd-grow-...emented-with-cfls.765827/page-4#post-10615598

http://www.rollitup.org/t/dutch-passion-master-kush-grow.727922/page-8#post-10452055

edit: i flower under 3 3000 kelvin t5's, one 10000 kelvin with uv a(or b, i am a bit spacey tonight) and an assortment of cfls (a few 6500 kelvin and a few 2700 kelvins). didn't want to make it look like i used the 10000 kelvin bulbs from start to finish...

Do not get the T8s--there is a huge amount of difference between the T5 and the T8. I think you are making this more difficult than it needs to be. Calculate the lumens of the T5 fixture you have and buy another one that will give you around 3000 lumens per sq ft. Do not buy T5s that have low wattage. Make sure that you get the HO tubes that are at least 24W if 2' tubes and 54W if 4' tubes. The low wattage ones are not going to do much, so save your money.

A 4' 6 tube T5 is not equal to a 400W MH. However, it will probably do just as good a job vegging as a 400W MH. Keep in mind though that even a 400W MH is not enough light for a 4 x 4 space, just as a 4' 6 tube T5 is not enough light.

Stank, that 8 tube fixture along with the fixture you have should work fine.

In my 2x4 veg tent I use a 4 bulb light. Works just fine.

In a 4x4 I would use 2 of them.

I do this in my 4x4 :)

Two 4 bulb 4' fixtures is plenty, and you can adjust the height differently if needed in two "sectors" :aok:

I got my light 4 foot 8 bulb 6500 K bulbs. So I can flower my girls finally

For flowering 2400k is used.

6500k is used for veg

Latest posts

Back