How much to thin lower plants in flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaiant

Reaction score
Well I flipped my clones at 6 weeks so tomorrow will be 1 week in flower. I plan to LST in the morning and thin out some of the lower leaves but I'm not sure how much to take off?

View attachment image.jpg

I do a foot to a foot and a half, leaving about 6 branches.

I do this in veg though and not in flower.

I also do all thinning and training in veg before I put into flowering.

Thanks for your feedback folks. Think I will keep it to a light thinning.

I have done it 2 weeks into flower, but i prefer not to add any stress to them or slow there growth any during flower.

Thanks for your input yesterday I lightly trimmed which was at end of week 1 flwr. Seems I've been behind a little but think I'm caught up now just spent an unexpected 2 weeks in the hospital for abdominal surgery. When the **** hits the fan it flies man. This grow has been in a 4x4 tent with one 600 watt cool tube. Today upgraded my light system to two XL cool tube 1k lumatechs and one 750 watt black dog. I've got a 10x14' room in the shop and plan to setup out there soon and will have some awesome light to work with.

Yeah, I'm ready for the larger space to work in and the wired 220 for the 1k lights. Currently I'm working in a small tent in the bedroom with a 30 amp breaker. My space will be 10x14 with a center 4x6 grow area to allow room to move around the grow. Two 1000k angled slightly toward the center spaced apart with the LED in the center over the grow area but this can change. Right now I have six seedlings to start with and Im going to DWC this time around.

I'm starting this room off sooner than planned so I'll need to deal with Rh and temp as I go. But yes the lights are the biggest part of the equation and I have that covered. This first grow will be six plants I'm curious to see how six vs 4 plants do in the space under the lights? Perhaps 4 plants might be best. My goals are simple quality vs quantity. I live in Oregon and this summer the recreational use law goes into effect but I am a card holder.

Hi Rose, definitely I'll plant some bags and put them on the patio. I've been away from the culture for too many years now and it's time I reconnect. Years ago I lived in southern Oregon well back in the 1970's and then growing was just a way of life but over the years I've drifted far away from it. Growing seemed so much simpler then the strains were local to Northern Cal and Southern Oregon. Now there are so many strains it blows me away.

And what a relief it is to return to a state where the laws have so drastically relaxed on MMJ. I haven't had much time here I moved down from WA late last summer and I've been plagued with so many surgeries the last several years I am really looking forward to kicking back and just catching up. This recent surgery ( MRSA compliments of the University of Washington) caught me completely off guard my son saved what plants I do have growing now. This summer I'll throw some bag seed out there and see what comes up. Here I'm lakeside very rural and "very excited" for the upcoming summer:)

I really enjoy the readings on this site and what people have to say the experience here is so vast in fact, I will say the folks on this site seem genuine and so helpful. Out of several sites this is where I spend the majority of my reading and learning.

Latest posts

Back