how much to trim?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when trimming how many cuts can you do at one time an not stress the plant to much, like 10 cuts or maybe 15 anybody have a limit or know when it will start to hurt the plant? thanks...BtL

In veg, you can take a weed whacker to them and they will be just fine in a day or two. Things are hearty as all hell!

:aok:

I like your set up with your plants inside of those bins...do you have draining hooked up to them? The exterior "shelter" what is that made of or what is it? That seems like an great way to grow indoors.

I like your set up with your plants inside of those bins...do you have draining hooked up to them? The exterior "shelter" what is that made of or what is it? That seems like an great way to grow indoors.

I think you're directing that question to me ya? Those are Rubbermaid 18 gal totes.

If you go to my link below, "The Dr's Office" and follow that along from page 1, you'll see those bins in action, and learn a lot along the way :aok:

ya those are DR Green Fangs! i grow in smart pots he has a DWC setup, he is forsure a great guy to follow, has mad knowledge an experience!!..BtL

Appreciate the love...I'll go check it out! Trying to learn all I can gonna start my first grow soon....I must be an idiot I can't see the link you speak of..

I think you're directing that question to me ya? Those are Rubbermaid 18 gal totes.

If you go to my link below, "The Dr's Office" and follow that along from page 1, you'll see those bins in action, and learn a lot along the way :aok:

Appreciate the love...I'll go check it out! Trying to learn all I can gonna start my first grow soon....

Thanks Giggy! theres quite a few very helpful people on this forum! BtL

Wait, you trimmed 4.5 weeks into flowering?! :eek:

The one that's 1 week in (flowering I assume), now that's just fine. I trim right up till 2 - 2 1/2 weeks...but TRY to have it all done no more than 14 days from flip. :aok:

Wait, you trimmed 4.5 weeks intoin flowerflowering?! :eek:

The one that's 1 week in (flowering I assume), now that's just fine. I trim right up till 2 - 2 1/2 weeks...but TRY to have it all done no more than 14 days from flip. :aok:

No I trim up before 12 -12 ......I just have older and newer In flower tent...

so im getting ready to flip this girl to 12/12, im wondering how much i should trim off the bottom? as you can see the top is really bushy, i did alot of Fimming on this plant testing to see what i could do between that an the T5 its short and thick!! lookin forward to see this thing bud!!

i m having a real hard time typing my son spilled mountain dew on my laptop!! itsn really annoying!.....BtL

I have a batch in flower that i didn't think would make it this far, man , what a tortured life they've had. Anyways, I figured they'd all die but they didn't and I'm thinking my yield will seriously suck so, I stumble across this dude advocating SERIOUS defoliating for better yields...
and I bite.
Over 2 or 3 days, I took almost EVERY FAN LEAF off and was BRUTAL with the lower branches. And they're STILL kicking!!
Should be an interesting flower. I'll come back with my yield, it should be telling.

i don't trim so i'm no help. i'm glad to see so many step up to help you out on this. good luck and keep it green.

This place is downright REMARKABLE for just that reason!
Talk about a bargain,
...the best I ever had! :)

Last edited:
This place is downright REMARKABLE for just that reason!
Talk about a bargain,
...the best I ever had! :)

Yes, this place IS remarkable sopappy. I'm not trimming at all so I'll have the other end of the spectrum covered. lol. I'll let you know. :farm:

Latest posts

Back