How much water do u give to a seed in a hydroponics system??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz1873

Reaction score
Hello

First of all im a newbie so id like to say hi...

I was wondering when get the seed in the rock wool do u need a timer on it for the water/nutrient to come on or off in a hyroponics system??

Sorry if this is a daft question but i heard this is the place if u want good info :)

Cheers Guys :cool:

Not sure about this one jaz1873 but welcome to MP. Stoney Bud is the Hydro expert over here so i would see what he says or what another members says. He should be online in a bit.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Not sure about this one jaz1873 but welcome to MP. Stoney Bud is the Hydro expert over here so i would see what he says or what another members says. He should be online in a bit.

Nice one mate...cheers for quick response :cool:

jaz1873 said:
Hello

First of all im a newbie so id like to say hi...

I was wondering when get the seed in the rock wool do u need a timer on it for the water/nutrient to come on or off in a hyroponics system??

Sorry if this is a daft question but i heard this is the place if u want good info :)

Cheers Guys :cool:

Hey Jaz! Good to meetcha man.

If you're germinating a seed, you don't need to put it into the hydro system yet. Let the seed germinate using whatever germination technique you favor, (I use the paper towel in the baggie method), and when it's sprouted, you then put it into a peat pellet or rockwool cube until it's a seedling with roots poking out of it.

I fold paper towels up until they are 12 layers thick. Just fold them together as you roll them off until you have 6 layers. Then fold them once and you have 12. It should fit into a sandwich baggie at that point.

Put the dry towels into the baggie neatly with an open side towards the opening in the baggie.

Hold it under the tap and put enough water into the bag to really wet the towels.

Now, lay the baggie on the bottom of the sink and press out the water until the towels are wet, but not laying in water. Fold back half the layers and put your seeds onto the paper with none touching. Space them out good.

Press all the air out of the baggie and seal it.

Put it onto a bread and butter plate and put it into a dark, warm cupboard for three days. On the morning of the fourth day, open that puppy up and you should have a bunch of sprouts to put one each into peat pellets or rockwool cubes. If you're using rockwool, soak and drain it several times before using it. This will make it's pH better for the sprout. The rockwool or peat pellet needs to be good and moist until the sprouts come out good. Use only water. Absolutely no nutes yet. Keep a florescent light over them at about 2-3 inches, until the sprouts are out good at about an inch tall.

Then you can plant them into your hydro setup deep enough for the cube or pellet to be in the water when the pump is running.

Let me know if I haven't explained it well enough and we'll go again.

Let me know via PM how it's going and I'll show you how to start a Journal to track your grow and share it with everyone.

Good luck to you man!

Latest posts

Back