How often to apply your tea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunWolf

Student of Life
Reaction score
Hmmm...the one question I haven't been able to find an answer to. Once the soil has matured and the plants are in and growing, how often do you apply your tea? :confused2:

Do you water with tea every time? Do you alternate plain water and tea? Do you use plain water mostly and just use tea now and then?

I have the feeling this is more complex than just "x times over x period", so could you fine organics pro's please enlighten this new organic grower?

I will be happy to reward your insights with much :ccc: and Green Mojo!!

if the medium drys fast(watering every other day) i would feel safe giving a strong tea 3 outta 4waterings. my plants in the shady spot get water every other feed to reduce the risk of over feed(not really sure if nutes are being used as much as possible due to the shading of the plants) some teas r stronger than others it all depends on wat u put in it. plenty H2O in the tea. find wat works for u. good luck

I use my teas about every 3rd watering. The rest of the time I use molasses and fulvic acid

Gotcha...glad I'm still running these bag seed testers to get it worked out on. Still watching the mail for my seed order and my light.

Thanks guys!

SunWolf said:
Do you water with tea every time? Do you alternate plain water and tea? Do you use plain water mostly and just use tea now and then?

Pick one, or all of the above. LOL

Whatever you feel energetic enough to do.:hubba: I just do the 'now and then' thing now, but started with the 'every time'. Since it's more adding microbes than nutritional value, I've slowed down and really haven't noticed a big difference over the every time. Plus, it got to be a real pain in the butt mixing up 40 gallons or so every few days.:eek: Now, I do it no more than once/week and no less than every other week.

You'll find what schedule fits your style. You really can't overdo it and as long as you hit them every few weeks at least, you won't under apply.

I'll do the molasses on the off week(s), but just once/week.

My humic/fulvic goes in the tea. I get Humi-Solve from BioAg.com, very concentrated and they say not to apply more often than every 2 weeks and no more than 1/2tsp/gallon. I use a scootch more than 1/4 tsp/gallon, putting 1 1/2tsp in a 5 gallon bucket (6/4). Less really is more with this stuff.

It's like making chili. You start with a basic recipe and then play with it to suit your taste.;)

Wet

Wetdog said:
It's like making chili. You start with a basic recipe and then play with it to suit your taste.;)

Wet
Yay, if there's one thing I enjoy it's getting my paws into things and experimenting, and I love to cook. Since starting with organics I'm having much more fun.

Thanks once again all! :aok:

Latest posts

Back