How often to you regenerate the mother?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old_SSSC_Guy

incorrigible reprobate
Reaction score
I've been using a couple of mothers (from seed) for maybe 6+ months now. They are getting too tall and way too bushy, and it looks like its time to regenerate new moms. Made be curious about...

How often do you regenerate a fresh mother plant from one of its babies?

I'm not sure I really understand the question. Just take a clone and designate it as your new mother. Flower the rest.

yeah I regenerate every time its ready to flower the plant...I dont keep mothers as they are all moms in my Shed...

take care and be safe

Old_SSSC_Guy

Great thread title and topic. I was wondering the same thing recently and hadn't gotten around to asking yet.

Silver B, THG and 4u, are you saying that you simply take clones of the current plant each time and then rinse and repeat? How many clones do you usually take?

I'm having a blast with the clones I've started. Gives me something to do while the lights are out in the flowering tent. I ended up with way too many, but I'm using them to experiment and learn. Having 3 of each strain to play with takes some of the pressure off.

I don't keep mothers--I simply do not have enough room. I take clones from clones.

Yeah, I know. But maybe I don't understand your answer. Are you saying you pull a batch of cuttings from one plant, then save one and flower the mother and babies; and do that each cycle? Just would not have the amount of return for me that one single mother does over time.

For me, I mean growing a single mother and harvesting babies from her every 2-4 weeks. Not regenerating a new mother every crop - but using one mother for 6+ months to provide babies. I can get an easy 20+ cuttings from each mother because she bifurcates and grows new branches twice the number of the cuttings. A month later she has 40 new branches ready to cut. But she grows to be the size of a house.

I was just curious how long others use a single mother before starting a new one.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm not sure I really understand the question. Just take a clone and designate it as your new mother. Flower the rest.

Lets say you just gave me a clone.....I would veg that clone for maybe 6 weeks at which time she would have a few clippings available....take those few clippings. ( 4-6 ) then a few days later I place the donor/mother into flower..then repeat ..right now I have 3 Pink Lemonaid plants I took 8 clippings from each...you can do the math...I dont have the room for a huge mother

I have had mothers for over a year.

Just prune and do some root maintenance and repot.

I've had mothers for over a year.I like to take more cuttings also ans clone ,clones aren't big enough.google bonsai mothers thats what I do.

Latest posts

Back