How soon do you fertilize seedlings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it means if they are a light green that could be alot of differant problems correct,but my m grow has everything in it so should i be worried?8888888:vapleaf::vap-Bong_smoker:

Well, it's been almost a month since I put the seeds in the ground and I am finally off and running. 2 of them look OK for a month old. The runt is still way behind. And it looks like the leaves she is producing are a little retarded.

We'll see what happens later.

Correct me if I am wrong (keeping in mind that I am growing these for mother plants).... I do not want to clone the runt, correct?

View attachment seedlings060614-1.jpg

View attachment seedlings060614-2.jpg

View attachment seedlings060614-3.jpg

View attachment seedlings060614-4.jpg

View attachment seedlings060614-5.jpg

View attachment seedlings060614-6.jpg

if you got more beans and all things are equal such as strain medium location etc---i would compost the runt

:shocked: WHAT!!!! I could never do that to one of my little girls.

:rofl:

There's plenty of room so I'll let her go for now. I plan to top one of them and not the other. I know I'll get more cloning spots if I top but this is my first time with hybrid seeds and I want to see as many different characteristics as I can (see if it's really any different than what I am used to).

So, I'll let one go au natural and one I'll top. I'll just watch the runt and see what she does.

Again, I ask, would I clone the runt? Just because it got off to a slower start doesn't necessarily mean the genetics are bad (does it)? Would the clones likely be runts as well or would they revert to the original genetics?

My guess is to clone the strongest plant but, like I said, it's a hobby for me and I like to learn new stuff.

TIA

you dont feed your seeds at ALL ffs. if your using a none nut soil then yes feed them 1 time a week. but if your soil has feed then you will not need to feed for atleast 5-6weeks due to soil havin feed feed in it all ready. no fking wonder poeple lose plants coz yall tell h

:shocked: WHAT!!!! I could never do that to one of my little girls.

:rofl:

There's plenty of room so I'll let her go for now. I plan to top one of them and not the other. I know I'll get more cloning spots if I top but this is my first time with hybrid seeds and I want to see as many different characteristics as I can (see if it's really any different than what I am used to).

So, I'll let one go au natural and one I'll top. I'll just watch the runt and see what she does.

Again, I ask, would I clone the runt? Just because it got off to a slower start doesn't necessarily mean the genetics are bad (does it)? Would the clones likely be runts as well or would they revert to the original genetics?

My guess is to clone the strongest plant but, like I said, it's a hobby for me and I like to learn new stuff.

TIA

clones are an identical genetic copies of their mom---runts/slow growers get culled in my world---dont want to take a prime seat away from a vigorous plant to seat a runt as my space is in high demand---if shes a runt based on growing conditions a cut from her will grow completely different but still never revert back to original genetics---runt plants will produce runt clones

Well, a month and 4 days and they look fair. I still have those spots on 2 bottom leaves. Nothing major, I guess (yet).

The runt is getting worse. I transplanted her again and I'll give her one last chance to recover.

The chronic Thunder freebe seed never germed so it looks like it will be 2 plants in this tent.

I need to top one of them since these are going to be clone donors. I should top both but I want to see the growth pattern without topping so I know what to expect from the clones.

Given any unforeseen circumstances, it's just a matter of waiting now.

View attachment seedlings061314-1.jpg

View attachment seedlings061314-2.jpg

View attachment seedlings061314-3.jpg

View attachment seedlings061314-4.jpg

View attachment seedlings061314-5.jpg

View attachment seedlings061314-6.jpg

View attachment seedlings061314-7.jpg

View attachment seedlings061314-spots-1.jpg

View attachment seedlings061314-spots-2.jpg

Plants look good, except the runt, oh well.

Other than the leaf problem I posted in the other thread, they don't look bad for 6 weeks from planting the seed.

I topped the best pheno today. Just took a tiny little tip off. I stuck it in a pot that has a Chronic Thunder seed in it that won't germinate. I doubt it will take root but, I just never toss anything out. LOL

Hopefully the mother I topped will split properly.

The runt is still all spazzed out. LOL

View attachment seedlings062114-1.jpg

View attachment seedlings062114-2.jpg

View attachment seedlings062114-3.jpg

View attachment seedlings062114-4.jpg

View attachment seedlings062114-5.jpg

tha last one dont look that good i wonder what is a matter?

I am still having some evidence of nute build-up. The yellow leaf got more yellow. I have some minor yellowing on a couple other leaves and a tiny bit of tip burn. I have not been feeding but if there's a root build-up or a build-up in the soil, I am thinking about transplanting them a little early into their final 7 gallon homes.

I don't really want to but I suppose I could knock off the current dirt and wash the roots as I transplant but that's a terrible shock to them. And, you have to be really really careful not to break too many roots. Overall, not really something I want to do.

I think simply transplanting them into the bigger pots and going to a lighter nute program is a plan. Maybe none at first and then 1/2 dose for a while.

Sound like a good plan?

I am still not real happy with these. I transplanted into 7 gal pots in hopes of flushing out any nute buildup. I have been using the Deer Park water with no nutes. Still getting some yellow on a bottom leaf on one plant. A little yellowing throughout both plants. Some tip burn (guess I fertilized too early).

I'll leave them off nutes for a while longer and see what happens. They are 7 weeks old (from seed planting).

View attachment seedlings062714-1.jpg

View attachment seedlings062714-2.jpg

View attachment seedlings062714-3.jpg

View attachment seedlings062714-4.jpg

When the first set of leaves try and start to yellow.

if you nail it the baby leaves will still be on when you chop.

Latest posts

Back