How tall b4 LST?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger
Reaction score
At what height should I start LST? How and when do I administer HST? I've read this incurrs actually bending the branches until the center pulp in the branch is soft and the branch remains bent over... The resulting "knuckle" after healing creates strength, and allows the branch to grow outward from the center of the plant; maximizing it's exposure to the light! IDK:confused:

I start LSTing as soon as the plant can be bent over and tied to the side of the pot. This would all depend on what size pot your in. I did it with a one gallon pot at about the 3rd node.

Once you bend it and it starts growing up again. you would be able to HST it and I'm thinking your talking about "Supercropping" This is where your create the knuckles by gently breaking the stem.

There are some good vids on youtube about supercropping Jix, I have been too scared to try it so far!

i agree with 420. you can start as soon as you have enough plant to bend and tie. i currently have a plant in a 4 gallon tote that i've been playin with. i plan to keep the plant puled down untill its run all the way around the outside of the tote. then i'll flower it.

woody, don't be scared to supercrop. its so easy as long as you don't break the stem you'll be fine. you can make some crazy looking plants using that method.. give it a try

Thanks Slowmo, I did try it once but it just didnt "feel" right. I am an old hippy and if I dont feel the good Karma then I'm just not happy. I will do it one day, perhaps when I have a tall leggy sativa to control, for now most of my plants are Indi's or heavy Indi hybrids who love a bit of bondage.
I do like the idea of training a plant the whole way around a tote, I may give that a try.

I Love to Bend my ladies over:hubba: And I think they like it as well:giggle: I start at the 3rd 4th node..

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

i know we have all seen a seedling pop out of the ground and fall over. :p

Well, I was going to wait but I changed my mind this evening... I tied the sugar black rose and one of the papaya down tonight, and I'm going to tie some more down tomorrow... I've topped one papaya and I'll leave the other one alone to grow naturally... I want to see if topping or LST will make a difference in yield in a side by side by side grow! Will be interesting... I forgot to snap photos, but I'll get some tomorrow and post them in my GJ... By then they may be turned back towards the light! I'll tie at least one more, the northern lights blue which I've also topped... See if a topped and LST'd plant makes a difference in yield vs size type of thing... Want to maximize use of my relatively small flowering area of 3x3... Wish me luck guys!

Hey bud...

If you can have the discipline and time it takes to stay on managing your plant's canopy you'll be amazed at the difference and yield of TOP SHELF budz that you'll get...;) :hubba: What kind of light do you use?

If you can keep all of the buds within the 'optimum penetration range' of your light source it will make all the difference in the world. Tie her down and keep the light as close as you can without showing ill effects as yellowing, etc and you'll be cranking out the dank...

I supercrop when I remember to, lol...:p But I am convinced that they do actually like a bit of abuse... their repair auxins really make the plant come ALIVE like it doesn't in 'normal' growth ime... They actually seem to grow stronger with the stess...

:holysheep:​

Have fun and Happy Growing, bro~! :joint:

Gixxerman420 said:
At what height should I start LST? How and when do I administer HST? I've read this incurrs actually bending the branches until the center pulp in the branch is soft and the branch remains bent over... The resulting "knuckle" after healing creates strength, and allows the branch to grow outward from the center of the plant; maximizing it's exposure to the light! IDK:confused:

I only pinch the stems of young plants and then it is only the main stalk. I only do it when the plants are too small to top and I am seeing more stretch than I want. I just pinch the stem a little bit until I feel the stem giving a little and then I release it. I repeat the process going around the stem until I see the top falling over at a 90 degree angle. I will do this until they are large enough to top (when I have enough shoots to make me happy :D ). Once I top them then I begin to tie down branches and do what I can to try and create a flat canopy. That is what I do but I would strongly suggest trying different things and finding what works best for you.

-SSF-

dirtyolsouth said:
Hey bud...

If you can have the discipline and time it takes to stay on managing your plant's canopy you'll be amazed at the difference and yield of TOP SHELF budz that you'll get...;) :hubba: What kind of light do you use?

If you can keep all of the buds within the 'optimum penetration range' of your light source it will make all the difference in the world. Tie her down and keep the light as close as you can without showing ill effects as yellowing, etc and you'll be cranking out the dank...

I supercrop when I remember to, lol...:p But I am convinced that they do actually like a bit of abuse... their repair auxins really make the plant come ALIVE like it doesn't in 'normal' growth ime... They actually seem to grow stronger with the stess...

:holysheep:​

Have fun and Happy Growing, bro~! :joint:
I am using cfl currently for veg, but my T5 gets here in 2 days! I flower in a 3x3 tent under 400 watt HPS. My T5 is a 4' 6 bulb setup pumping out 30,000 lumens at 324 watts! Excited...

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmOrWmvqamY&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Sick is the only way I can describe these plants.
It looks like they have been lst to a frame, guess it shows what can be achieved with a bit of patience thought and planning.

Latest posts

Back