How tall do you grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Reaction score
Veg height vs. final flower height

I have been vegging to 2 feet and flowering get as tall as 6 feet:holysheep:

Im getting tired of taking care of big monsters and my next grow I was planning on switching to flower at ~14-16 inches.

Was planning on transplanting to 10" net pots today, spreading out, and then switching them to 12/12 after a few days under a 1000w MH...what say some of my fellow MPers?

Here is a shot from today, topped them 5 days ago...

fb3045ef-1.jpg

I guess Im asking those that have done both indoors...do you find that the benefits of taking care of short plants "out weigh" the ability to care for taller plants?

Hey OG be settin by yur fire now ;) I only grows indoors fur now cause it still cold were I hang me hat but to pipe in and give yual answer to yur question I only do 4 plants to time and only lets them go to 12-18 inches tops befores I flip they grows to bout little more then double this and it be all I can handle in my little grows cabin and be alls i needs to keeps the pouch full to all times.

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Hey OG be settin by yur fire now ;) I only grows indoors fur now cause it still cold were I hang me hat but to pipe in and give yual answer to yur question I only do 4 plants to time and only lets them go to 12-18 inches tops befores I flip they grows to bout little more then double this and it be all I can handle in my little grows cabin and be alls i needs to keeps the pouch full to all times.

BWD
I know the stretch is strain dependent, and i grow the super stretchy Pure OG Kush... so I thank you BWD for sharing your info. I am sure most people keep their plants around 4 feet or less. I guess I am just hoping for a bunch of people to pop in and inform me they grow 10 foot wild beasts in their 2 story loft using some new method that i have yet to throw money at :rofl:

thanks again BWD :icon_smile:

OGKushman said:
I know the stretch is strain dependent, and i grow the super stretchy Pure OG Kush... so I thank you BWD for sharing your info. I am sure most people keep their plants around 4 feet or less. I guess I am just hoping for a bunch of people to pop in and inform me they grow 10 foot wild beasts in their 2 story loft using some new method that i have yet to throw money at :rofl:

thanks again BWD :icon_smile:

I see OG well ifin yual need to be readin stuff before the others start pipin in I did grows me a 9 foot monster once out the back 40 it grew big fur sure but it didnt make for much good bud cause a mold got to it before i could only found handfull worth to smoke was a sad day but then gain it was a wet rainy year that one was. Easier I find grows them indoors cause less things to worry bout. Weather bugs yu knows all the bad stuff much easier managed in side ;) I do love me the wild weed i must admit.

BWD

18 inches roghly in veg..3-4ft max in flower!

Hey Kushman, did you ever look at the micro grow competition that Smoke started? I took a plant from clone and started it flowering at about 8-10" tall and it finished at 20" tall and produced a dry oz. But I have also seen where a friend of mine grew several plants that went straight up to 6' and couldn't have been more than 2' in diameter. They yeilded very nice but I can't remember how much. To me its a real PITA to tend to them and check the top buds when they grow tall. I am working right now to make my next bunch set up as micro grows that stay under 3' but get a little bush to them.

If you have the square footage, you could grow them up a ways then slowly bend them each day until you get them horizontal, then let them spread out for several feet before flipping them. I would imagine that you would have to grow fewer but they would yeild a lot from each plant. Just an idea :)

My last run of plants grew much larger then I expected in the first few weeks of flower, so I will be vegging my next batch until they are only 8to14 inches so I don't have such tall girls(I'm not attracted to girls much taller than myself. Lol). So I hope vegging earlier will keep my ladies at a more manageable height.

I think its a trade off, you know? Smaller plants produce less. When I flower them short they yield maybe 1.5 oz. When I flower them on the old "2 months grow - 2 months flower" logic they average 3-4oz per plant.

So I think its a choice of a lot of small ones or a few large ones. Might be a wash in yeld - but should be cheaper from using less light.

Hi Multi do you still veg them some when you have hst'd them or straight into flower.
Looking good dude my ak's are near that height and getting potted into final 7 litre hempys today then hst'd.
Me needs some of that 4.5oz per plant stuff.
T4

Hey buddy, have you thought about let to bush her out more, it could also help your yeild. IMO

Good for you.:giggle:
Thanks Multi ill do the same.:icon_smile:
I can vouch that Multi does achieve what he says as ive known him a couple of years now and now he is my new bestest friend.:hubba:
He doesnt know it yet though.:rolleyes: :D
Lol.
T4

Hmmmm. I finally got a tent set up for veg/mothering. I usually transplant clones and then flower almost immediately. Problem with this is I have to run 18+ to fill my space which is a lot of work. I've been averaging around 1-1.5oz/plant and they usually stay under 24" tall. next round will be vegged to at least 18" so that I can run 12 plants. I expect the yield o be comparable but with less work.

Multi's method looks interesting. I may try it on a few to compare. ..

All good points here! :D thanks guys...I think next time I am going to top a few more times and tie down some branches and see if the yield changes much.

Just made the flip to 12/12 tonight.

I think I may start a journal? Or go look up an old OG grow I did and add to it? Wish me luck! :D

07af3bd0.jpg

I tried both big plants and small and tbh smaller plants hit the better yeilds esp when you can have rh issues with the same amount of plants that are much bigger only to harvest like 1/2 oz more per plant over the smaller plants and by smaller i mean like 12 x times overall smaller in everyway.
T4

Latest posts

Back