How to attract beneficial insects?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
Hi. I have been living with the spider mite ever since it appeared first time and this has quickly become the most laborious deed that i have to do in my grow, that is fighting the spider mite organically. I have a thread about how i do it, basically supercropping and spraying down with organic soap faithfully... My main problem is that i live far from any supplier of predatory mites i am not in the US or EU and those bugs have to be shipped extra fast and i never had a way to get any. So I have been considering the option of getting them from nature, as I have plenty of that around me, then providing them an evironment to breed then release the offspring on the plants. I know it will take time to produce enough but that's ok. I have often seen the mantis and if i wait for spring and go to flower fields, i can find ladybugs and i have seen an aphid eater forgot what it's called. I watched a video where they place wintergreen oil soaked on cotton balls and they just hang them on plants where they want them to come. Is there any more info on this or something similar? maybe another bait to attract more variety? Does anyone have a living population of predators that they keep around? Thanks for any input

Pulling up a chair...i might read a book and grow plants just to attract these bugs your in search of...i can not wait. i will post pictures of every bug I find on my plants and maybe we can figure out if they are beneficial or not. Danks in advance.

Peace and Chicken Grease

If you build it, they will come :) Basically find out what plants they most desire and plant some throughout your crop. Trap Lanting and companion planting are good outdoor techniques.

Latest posts

Back