How to clean an infected room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So A month or two ago, i cleaned out my indoor growing op & and began growing outdoors and they cleaned them up of spiders mites and what not.

So, Thinking hey. the room must be cleaned out of mites, guess not.
I put my girls back in the room. 2-3days later i notice an infestation of mites?
Soooooo. my question is, how would i go about cleaning the room? Do i use some specific cleaner?

Man, i sure do hate cleaning in the summer :p

Forever[D]anked said:
So A month or two ago, i cleaned out my indoor growing op & and began growing outdoors and they cleaned them up of spiders mites and what not.

So, Thinking hey. the room must be cleaned out of mites, guess not.
I put my girls back in the room. 2-3days later i notice an infestation of mites?
Soooooo. my question is, how would i go about cleaning the room? Do i use some specific cleaner?

Man, i sure do hate cleaning in the summer :p

I once left a room unused for 6 months and when i put a clone in it was covered in mites with 3 days.

someone will help, bug bomb? bleach?.

A groundhog smokebomb would work alot better than a bugbomb would. Get them at ag stores like Southern States.

I may not be following corectly but if you brought the plants in from the outside you probably brought the mites in from outside on the plants. I use 1/2 cup bleach per gallon of water and wipe everything off and then I use plain water the second time around. One of the other guys will let you know what to use on the plants. I have been lucky and not had any pest problems but I have made up for that with other problems. This is definately a continual learning process. Good luck.

stevetberry said:
I may not be following corectly but if you brought the plants in from the outside you probably brought the mites in from outside on the plants. I use 1/2 cup bleach per gallon of water and wipe everything off and then I use plain water the second time around. One of the other guys will let you know what to use on the plants. I have been lucky and not had any pest problems but I have made up for that with other problems. This is definately a continual learning process. Good luck.

Good spot, i missed that, thats very likely the issue.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. When thwe plants are outside the mites have more natural enemies to hid from and hold them at bay. Once inside the safety of a grow-room, they are free to reap their carnage without any natural enemies. Not sure what to use. I bet the "habanero sauce" would work on them, or at least make 'em real thirsty. :)

Latest posts

Back