how to eat 3 grams of moldy bud?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
so i got like 3-4 grams of moldy bud and i thought that i must somehow dissolve the thc and eat it, but i don't want butter as it is very fatty and i don't like to eat it, i was thinking of olive oil, milk, or healthy alternatives other than butter. i don't need it tasty or anything, it's just to make use of them as i am out of buds and my grow is in the process so i need every gram before i scrape my jars :D any ideas on a simple way to do this? thanks

And Zem, Kravenhead is an RN. so listen to him if not to me. We like you a lot around here and don't want you to get sick.

wow, i thought mold was only bad if inhaled. i mean, we eat it often, in various foods, didn't have a clue of its danger. what are its dangers if ingested? thanks for your concern Rose and Kravenhead, i am glad that i didn't go ahead and eat before asking because i was so sure that it is harmless if ingested

You can make Oil out of it. Mold spores wont be in the oil. Its mold Not a snake thats gonna bite ya,,unless ya smoke it,,then it will bite. Lol

Some molds cause allergic reactions and respiratory problems. And a few molds, in the right conditions, produce "mycotoxins," poisonous substances that can make people sick. When you see mold on food, is it safe to cut off the moldy part and use the rest? To find the answer to that question, delve beneath the surface of food to where molds take root.

What Are Molds?
Molds are microscopic fungi that live on plant or animal matter. No one knows how many species of fungi exist, but estimates range from tens of thousands to perhaps 300,000 or more. Most are filamentous (threadlike) organisms and the production of spores is characteristic of fungi in general. These spores can be transported by air, water, or insects.

Unlike bacteria that are one-celled, molds are made of many cells and can sometimes be seen with the naked eye. Under a microscope, they look like skinny mushrooms. In many molds, the body consists of:
root threads that invade the food it lives on,
a stalk rising above the food, and
spores that form at the ends of the stalks.

The spores give mold the color you see. When airborne, the spores spread the mold from place to place like dandelion seeds blowing across a meadow.

Molds have branches and roots that are like very thin threads. The roots may be difficult to see when the mold is growing on food and may be very deep in the food. Foods that are moldy may also have invisible bacteria growing along with the mold.

[Top of Page]

Are Some Molds Dangerous?
Yes, some molds cause allergic reactions and respiratory problems. And a few molds, in the right conditions, produce "mycotoxins," poisonous substances that can make you sick.

[Top of Page]

Are Molds Only on the Surface of Food?
No, you only see part of the mold on the surface of food — gray fur on forgotten bologna, fuzzy green dots on bread, white dust on Cheddar, coin-size velvety circles on fruits, and furry growth on the surface of jellies. When a food shows heavy mold growth, "root" threads have invaded it deeply. In dangerous molds, poisonous substances are often contained in and around these threads. In some cases, toxins may have spread throughout the food.

[Top of Page]

Where Are Molds Found?
Molds are found in virtually every environment and can be detected, both indoors and outdoors, year round. Mold growth is encouraged by warm and humid conditions. Outdoors, they can be found in shady, damp areas or places where leaves or other vegetation are decomposing. Indoors, they can be found where humidity levels are high.

Molds form spores which, when dry, float through the air and find suitable conditions where they can start the growth cycle again.

[Top of Page]

What Are Some Common Foodborne Molds?
Molds most often found on meat and poultry are Alternaria, Aspergillus, Botrytis, Cladosporium, Fusarium, Geotrichum, Monilia, Manoscus, Mortierella, Mucor, Neurospora, Oidium, Oosproa, Penicillium, Rhizopus and Thamnidium. These molds can also be found on many other foods.

[Top of Page]

What Are Mycotoxins?
Mycotoxins are poisonous substances produced by certain molds found primarily in grain and nut crops, but are also known to be on celery, grape juice, apples, and other produce. There are many of them and scientists are continually discovering new ones. The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations estimates that 25% of the world's food crops are affected by mycotoxins, of which the most notorious are aflatoxins.

[Top of Page]

What is Aflatoxin?
Aflatoxin is a cancer-causing poison produced by certain fungi in or on foods and feeds, especially in field corn and peanuts. They are probably the best known and most intensively researched mycotoxins in the world. Aflatoxins have been associated with various diseases, such as aflatoxicosis in livestock, domestic animals, and humans throughout the world. Many countries try to limit exposure to aflatoxin by regulating and monitoring its presence on commodities intended for use as food and feed. The prevention of aflatoxin is one of the most challenging toxicology issues of present time.

[Top of Page] This is from the FDA, i think.

holy smokes i must ditch the moldy bud. i'm out of weed :( i have some flowering in their week 8 i will begin consuming them soon and i am putting my 2nd light in action in couple of days to flower some more plants. i really hate it when i'm out of weed, it's like i cannot do anything but wait, even if i buy, it is ridiculously expensive so i will get very little, so all i can really do is wait....

Thanks for not hurting yourself. If you in 8 weeks flower i would steal a little bud and hit it, but that is just me.

Thanks for not hurting yourself. If you in 8 weeks flower i would steal a little bud and hit it, but that is just me.

i just did Rose, I stole one and it is drying on my radiator :D

Latest posts

Back