How to fix & balance alkaline soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondeboy

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me how to fix alkaline soil? I’ve never had a Ph problem until this year and my Ph in my top soil is out of whack My Ph is running between 6.5 – 7 alkaline and the fan leafs are burning up. :rolleyes:

6.5-7.0 is just fine for soil. We need a picture of your problem.

A soil PH tester is not reliable at all IMO.

But 6.5-7 is not a problem.

There is no fast way to change a high ph soil that I know of. Get a pic on here so we can help. Mine is much higher then that outdoors.

My readings fluctuate significantly over the past few testings, today it was nearly 7.0....So, I've been doing some internet searches on how to fix Alkaline soil. Here are some solutions that I've found out. Coffee grounds, cotton seed meal, peat moss, gypsum and garden surfer all reduce alkaline soil. Never add anything containing limestone to alkaline soil because it has an opposite effect and makes the soil even more alkaline.

.."IF" it is truly '6.5-7'.. the ph is NOT your problem.

blondeboy said:
My readings fluctuate significantly over the past few testings, today it was nearly 7.0....So, I've been doing some internet searches on how to fix Alkaline soil. Here are some solutions that I've found out. Coffee grounds, cotton seed meal, peat moss, gypsum and garden surfer all reduce alkaline soil. Never add anything containing limestone to alkaline soil because it has an opposite effect and makes the soil even more alkaline.
Whats wrong with almost 7.o? Im confused.:eek:

:yeahthat: :postpicsworthless: get some pics cause i dont belive it is the ph either! tell us what you have in soil, what you feed em & when you feed?

my Ph in my top soil is out of whack
if you had a ph prob it wouldnt be in 1 part of the soil. sounds like you are layering your soil mixes? whats in your top layer? that is your prob. or are you adding a top dressing? how old are the plants? if your burning in the top layer? are they babies? more info for more help

lol i thaught this was indoor. are you in the earth and no mix?

Latest posts

Back