How to get denser size buds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlo

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've noticed that my buds are not very dense. That is, i've seen others that grow giant popcorn size buds which are pretty heavy. How do i achieve this kind of result?

Maybe I'm still having problems with the curing process.

If your grow went good then Id say u need a better strain ?

We need a lot more information in order to give you an educated answer.
Like what size and type of light, what nutes and schedule, growing media, square footage of grow area,ete, ete.

But if I were to guess I would say you need more light.

:yeahthat: Remember 5000 lumens per sq. ft. is a MIN requirement.

Wackem in the back of the head with a paddle yual be turnin them dencer fur sure. Dedicated to my oldest boy Lenny may yual get to pet the rabbits alls yu wants sorry bout that son. But it does work. Good luck with the trail yual be walkin pilgrem.

BWD

Way too many things that could contribute to skimpy buds, air intake, heat of room, not fed enough etc etc. As has been said, we need much more info so as to better help you!

They bulk up around the last couple weeks, fluffy buds can also be a sign you harvested early. Pictures? How long did you flower?

Best way to get denser buds is the best grow conditions. Like everyone has said there are allot of contributing factors. Lights brighter & closer, better air circulation, good nutrient line, Ideal temps and humidity etc.

If you give us a detailed Journal of your grow then we may be able to help point out areas where it could be improved to help make the buds denser.

Happy Growing.

If temps are too high, that can cause buds to run as well.... We need the 411 on yer grow, bud...

Is this what you call a running bud ?? IMG-20120207-00027_opt.jpg

Looks lik it is cattailing and trying to reveg at the same time.

That is the top main colas of a 3 foot plant that i had 8 of !! they all did the same thing witch i'm still trying to figure out. They were under 2 brand new 1000w hps in a 10 X 9 foot room,old magnetic ballast tho, in 3.5 gallon top drip bucket's wich i have now switched to RDWC with 5 gallon bucket's and will see how that goes !! I also have a different strain(Rock Lock from DNA Genetics)

light leak?..... later in flower...... yeah I'm guessing

Grower13 said:
light leak?..... later in flower...... yeah I'm guessing

Yeah, looks like reveg to me too. A friend of mine went out of town one weekend and left his grow closet door open for airflow. . . That's what the GDP did. . .Never really finished either, I took a couple of them and ran them for another entire flowering cycle after the reveg at around week 5 or 6. Ended up hashing both of them as they were airy and just generally crappy looking. They were potent though. . .

unlimitedblackx said:
That is the top main colas of a 3 foot plant that i had 8 of !! they all did the same thing witch i'm still trying to figure out. They were under 2 brand new 1000w hps in a 10 X 9 foot room,old magnetic ballast tho, in 3.5 gallon top drip bucket's wich i have now switched to RDWC with 5 gallon bucket's and will see how that goes !! I also have a different strain(Rock Lock from DNA Genetics)

I do not know if this contributed, (I don't really know what causes cattailing), but you are quite a bit underlit. A 1000W HPS is good for 30 sq feet at best, so you need at least another 1000W in there to be at what most of us consider minimum lighting.

I have seen plants start to throw single bladed leaves late in flowering without light leaks.

I think he is running 2 1000 watters THG....I hve always thought cat tailing is a strain dependent thing. All I know is I hve never run a strain and had it cat tail one grow and not another. It happens almost always with sat leaning crosses for me. Jmo

I'm thinking it is the stain aswell, the only way i can get light leak is if my lights are turning on by themself somewhere in the dark period !!cause this bud is from the same plant !! Not all of the buds on the plant stretch out like the first pic !!

IMG-20120207-00026_opt_opt.jpg

Yeah, I know he is running 2 1000W--that is why he is only 33% under lit (has 90 sq ft and light for 60) rather than 67% underlit.

I also think that cattailing is a sat thing, too.

Latest posts

Back