How to hide plants.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerplanter

Reaction score
I got 4 seeds going at the beginning of June. I started to LST them pretty early on. My grow has to be invisible not only to my neighbors but to my wife as well. :eek: Now she rarely goes outside and my son and I do all the yard work, but on occasion she may venture a look or two. I'm looking for pictures of LST'ed plants so I'll know what I'm in for, and also any ideas about keeping them hidden. What types of plants can I plant around them that have the same leaf structure and appearance. Maybe some that are real smelly ( don't say it, I'm not going to plant Rocksters cheese out there ). LOL Any suggestions are appreciated. Peace MP'ers..;)

theres a bush called duck foot(i think) that looks pretty weedy heard it recommended, tomatoes slightly.

powerplanter said:
I got 4 seeds going at the beginning of June. I started to LST them pretty early on. My grow has to be invisible not only to my neighbors but to my wife as well. :eek: Now she rarely goes outside and my son and I do all the yard work, but on occasion she may venture a look or two. I'm looking for pictures of LST'ed plants so I'll know what I'm in for, and also any ideas about keeping them hidden. What types of plants can I plant around them that have the same leaf structure and appearance. Maybe some that are real smelly ( don't say it, I'm not going to plant Rocksters cheese out there ). LOL Any suggestions are appreciated. Peace MP'ers..;)

:eek: Sounds like trouble to me. Be carefull. Nothing like a Women Scorned.;)

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk said:
theres a bush called duck foot(i think) that looks pretty weedy heard it recommended, tomatoes slightly.
Good luck finding seeds. WallyDuck hasn't been around in years, rumors include got busted years ago, or just got out of the game. It was an Australian breed I think..
I have ducksfoot x c99 but it does not have the webbed leaves trait. :(
Isolating that webbed look was from what I read is extremely difficult.
There is a grow journal with one around here somewhere....rare find that one was. Wish I had a pack of ten LOL

I've grown weed in a hedge. LOL Use you imagination and plant look alikes with them. tie to other plants, can do all sorts of camouflage. I can go out in my yard and stand a well seasoned grower right in front and they will have a hard time spotting them. Backdrop and foreground work can do wonders.

but unfortunately it's a bit late in the season to start unless its some autoflowers. Which might not be bad for you. They are short.

Please make DAMN sure that if your wife spots em that she won't call the cops or run off and divorce you, takes the kid and house and dog plus alimony and child support. Really she should know as it is her butt too if you get busted, whether she knew about em or not she LIVES their.

We just lost one of our members to a scorned woman this year. He got busted pretty hard too. Rather not see another.

Mutt said:
Good luck finding seeds. WallyDuck got busted years ago.
I have ducksfoot x c99 but it does not have the webbed leaves trait. :(
Isolating that webbed look was from what I read extremely difficult.

im thinking of something else i think. saw that there it was in a book i read ages ago at a friends house and he had some in his garden. it was just a bush with similar leaves. definitely had duck in it anyway.
the duckfoot strain looks crazy very interesting

Breeders report on Ducksfoot.

Plant structure:
Up to 8 ft in height and can be as wide, average around 6 ft. Very large, bushy webbed leaved plant . . . tends to like to spread with training to produce masses of large tight and very heavy, smelly buds. Buds have been as large as my leg... The Ducksfoot seems to be a very hardy plant. It begins to show its webbed traits on the second set of leaves, that come out quite wedged shaped and usually single bladed. The following leaf is the typical 3 fingered Ducksfoot leaf. Successive leaves will continue up to seven apparent points, and can be very large, dinner plate size. The leaves progressively lessen in points as the plant ripens as with other varieties.

Yield:
I have yielded huge amounts from my ducks, up to and over 2 pounds, due to its quick growth it is able to support hundreds of fat buds.

Maturing times:
I am still working on what sort of time it matures in climates different to mine; in my climate it is planted anywhere between October and December, and is harvested late March to mid April.
I have seen a few plants grown in the U.K. that veged well, but I don’t believe the ripening time was long enough to produce the same thing I get here, he said it was still going into November. Climates similar to Australia have had no problems at all, as far down as Perth in western oz...

Indoors:
I have grown duck indoors a few times, they veged very well, but the buds were wispy and airy and didn’t seem worth the trouble. We had 2 plants that were successful out of 20 tested, the successful ones were very good, but I haven’t seen another suited one since and would recommend that it is not grown indoors, after all why hide a plant that has its own camouflage specially suited for the outdoors?..

Bud size and form:
Some of the fattest and weightiest buds I’ve come across, green in colour... Bud formation can vary a little . . . have had them up to 4 inches in diameter and very solid, sometimes causing problems here with mould due to that fact...

Uniformity:
All plants are webbed, but some variations can occur in bud formation, i.e. , some more looser Sativa type buds, and others will resemble the tighter Indica formation... All plants have a similar smell and taste, a little stronger in some than others. It has not bothered me to have some variation in the plants, but will breed out the Sativa-looking ones and stick to the tighter fatter buds in the near future. It is nice to see all the characteristics though and all plants have performed very well in my location.

Smell and taste:
The duck has a very strong smell, even when quite young and a mature bush can be smelled from many meters away, kind of lingers in the air... Fresh buds smell very strong and will stink your house out, when dry and cured it has a very pleasant, to strong odors; a sweet hashy, spicy smell. The taste is the same as the smell, lingers on the palate for a long time afterwards and is very sweet and refreshing.

Stone:
Nice smooth stone, very steady up and relaxing and happy, very little couch lock, but still quite the powerful smoke, happy weed would describe it perfectly...

My opinion:
I really love growing the duck, it’s a really fun plant to grow and I always have some growing. The taste is just amazing and the stone brightens my day, even if it starts a little glum. I have bred many generations of this wonderful plant, and am really taken by its unique structure, growth pattern and fantastic smell...

Potential:
The duck has shown a huge potential in the area of hybridization, its vigor is added to the cross very well, as well as the smell. The hybrids have been of good size, up to average of 1 pound, with huge heads, some up to 5 inches in diameter and tight; some buds were so robust they looked as though they were growing inside out... The recent addition of a webbed Indica to my seed collection may realize some fantastic potential with webbed plants... Spare a thought for the many Ducksfoot plants that gave their lives to bring you this report.

-Wallyduck

If you are worried about the wife and neighbors seeing the plants it's not a good idea to grow them. Most ppl that know a mj plant can spot them easily. The smell of them in flowering is realy unmistakeable.

bbp had a ducksfoot grow here before the crash.;)

i'm in full agreement with mutt on the wife bit pp. if she's not cool with it, i'd rethink duping her brother. nothing but bad times. besides shes gonna wonder why her mr is spending alot of time out back. if you do decide to go forth anyway, maybe start getting out there more, and getting the neighbors used to seeing you out there working in a garden, and landscaping a nice hedge row that will block thier looks for the future. but if you rent, i wouldnt bother. if you own, landscape on man. dont look to put plants out there this season, but plan more long term ahead...peace...

It is really unfair of you to grow without your wife's knowledge and consent. If you are busted, she is going to be right beside you when you walk up before that judge. You are putting her liberty at risk--this is NOT a good idea and I really encourage you to not do this to her if you love her--it is just wrong.

The Hemp Goddess said:
It is really unfair of you to grow without your wife's knowledge and consent. If you are busted, she is going to be right beside you when you walk up before that judge. You are putting her liberty at risk--this is NOT a good idea and I really encourage you to not do this to her if you love her--it is just wrong.
I've actually gone back and forth on that THG. I'm in great amounts of pain, so sometimes I think it is unfair of her to let me buy, but not let me grow. In Ohio they have decriminalized MJ, so less than 100g is a minor misde. $150 fine. Of course they weigh the hole plant. She wouldn't call the cops or nothin crazy like that, but...:hairpull: I would be in for it for sure. I do love her and don't like to deceive her but my days are spent trying to keep from blowing my brains out due to pain. I've tried to talk some sense into her but she just wont listen. But enough of that, I have them growing next to a very large bush, so I can tie them up in side of it. I was checking, and none of the neighbors can get a good look at them so they would really have to know about MJ to know what it was. The smell could be a prob. though. I'm not sure I got the guts to go through with it...LOL It would be suck to get busted for sure. Especially since Med. MJ will be on the ballot in 2012. Now you guy's got me scared.:eek: To tare them out or not to tare them out, that is the question? :confused:

I would not do it around yur home. Go find a place in the woods. Leave yur Wife and Kids out of it Bro.
I can grow at home if I want cause my Kids are gone and my Wife is a Pot Head like me. She loves to grow.

I am so sorry for your pain and it is too bad that your wife does not understand how it is and how marijuana can help. However, I'm with WeedHopper. You really need to take this elsewhere. I thought she just didn't know about it. It really is quite different that you asked, she said no, and you are doing it anyway. If she finds out, there will be hell to pay and if you get busted, it could be the end of your marriage. There is just so much at stake here.

Its not too late to transplant them to a safer location. find a 3-4 year old clearcut and get your spot ready, in the wee hours of the night, load your plants up and drop them off near your new location, in the morning, transplant into the ground, and wait till fall.

powerplanter said:
I've actually gone back and forth on that THG. I'm in great amounts of pain, so sometimes I think it is unfair of her to let me buy, but not let me grow. In Ohio they have decriminalized MJ, so less than 100g is a minor misde. $150 fine. Of course they weigh the hole plant. She wouldn't call the cops or nothin crazy like that, but...:hairpull: I would be in for it for sure. I do love her and don't like to deceive her but my days are spent trying to keep from blowing my brains out due to pain. I've tried to talk some sense into her but she just wont listen. But enough of that, I have them growing next to a very large bush, so I can tie them up in side of it. I was checking, and none of the neighbors can get a good look at them so they would really have to know about MJ to know what it was. The smell could be a prob. though. I'm not sure I got the guts to go through with it...LOL It would be suck to get busted for sure. Especially since Med. MJ will be on the ballot in 2012. Now you guy's got me scared.:eek: To tare them out or not to tare them out, that is the question? :confused:

Dude,
Don't hide a potential felony from the wife. That is extremely bad karma. I would transplant or pull it. It is not worth the risk. Any relationship is based on trust. Any violation of that trust, diminishes the value you put on that relationship.

HomieHogleg

Rosebud said:
PP, my friend, ARE YOU NUTS? What are you thinking?
hugs,
rosebud
Pain drives people to desperate measures.

I understand that, i am one with that as well. But there is pain and there is divorce. I felt I could speak freely to PP as I am a fan of his and I think he knows that.

Im with ya Mutt,,But prison is a much bigger pain,,and divorce wouldnt be cheap or painless eather..;)

you could plant them between tomatoes, because they share kinda the same structure and if you LST them well they are almost invisible :D

Latest posts

Back