How to know if plant has turned hermie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
So Im in like a week of flowering and Im kinda worrying about the plant turning hermie. My conditions are pretty average now, but I just need to know what to look for? Can I tell right off the bat that it is a hermie somehow? Thats like my only fear right now. Thanks guy~

omniconsum3r said:
So I'm in like a week of flowering and I'm kinda worrying about the plant turning hermie. Can I tell right off the bat that it is a hermie somehow?
When a plant first starts flowering, check each branch node for flowers. If each node has them and all are female, you have a fully female plant.

If some branches don't have any flowers on them, tie a brightly colored strip of cloth near each bare area. Watch those areas for flowering.

If they flower later and have female flowers, then again, you're ok.

If male flowers appear on those nodes, you have a hermie. Check the entire plant again for male flowers. If that one branch is all, then you can cut that entire branch away and possibly not have any other male flowers. Either way, use no seeds from this plant. It's a pretty sure thing the seeds will produce another hermie.

There is no way I've heard of that you can sex a plant prior to flowering with any certany.

/\yuuuppp -with a burp, i been drinkin a little bit

you know your thoughts are energy, think to hard about one thing and it will manifest in the physical :)

unless your in there slapping her around im sure itll be fine.

most plants will only go hermie if they have been stressed to their individual breaking point. so if its just been growing it should be fine.

I completely believe in power of the mind man. Power of the mind~~~

much rspct to you man.

buddha said it best.

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. suffering follows an evil thought as the wheels of a cart follow the oxen that draws it.

Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves. " -buddha paraphrased from the dhammapada

Wow..that is pretty nice man. I like to think of myself as a man of all religions, but Ive always been a bit partial to the ideas and teaching of buddhism.

Latest posts

Back