how to make a good mother??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronicman024

Reaction score
ok i want to start a new garden. can somone give me some ideas for a box to keep 3-4 mothers in. an how to keep them short . i want to get them big before i start taking clones off these.. i want to start about 100 plants total but i want them all to be roughly the same age. how would i go about doing this? how long will it take for the mothers to get that big? any ideas? thanks guys

it is going to take you a good six months to make good healthy mothers...but for the amount of clones your hoping for...try maybe 9 months

to be able to get 100 clones from as you say short mums....you will probably need at least 4 mothers

to keep them short you just have to keep taking your first clippings from the top of the mum...and top after the forth or fifth node when first growing

each mum should also have their own pot...this way you can trim the rootball if need be after time

does that help you out a bit?

This is not what I'd recommend due to price but it will surely give a guide. Build your own w/ wood, Refrigs, dressers what have you as it will save you on money but this is the idea, Google it or check this and other forums for ideas and diagrams.

http://homegrown-hydroponics.com/bnotblprcl.html

MOMs can take time but usually a few months under good lighting will produce a healthy mom for cut's.

Root trimming, feeding & watering as well as medium & lighting should be considered before hand as moms are or can be a lot of work.

My $0.02:

First you have to sex the donor plants to make sure they're chicks.
So the donor plants will likely be clones themselves.
When the donor plant is 8" tall, top it (do as you wish with the top; you can root it if you wanna).
Everytime to you top, which you can do every 2-3 weeks, the plant will grow 2 branches from that point.
With optimum conditions it will take 15-20 weeks to get you to the point where you can get 25 clones per donor at once.

Note:
You will have many potential clones as you top the plants.

Latest posts

Back