How To Make BubbleHash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LdyLunatic

i wanna be cool too!
Reaction score
This Bubblehash thread will show you just how easy it is to make your own quality hash.

We start with my supplies...i purchased a 5 gallon three bag kit...i had the advantage of being able to buy an extra bag..so i have a 4 bag set..and a handy dandy storage bag
cool.gif

In the time i have spent making bubblehash i have found that the extra bag is not really needed, the hash still comes out very nice with only using two strains (and if i don't have a lot of time...i will only use one strain)

bag 1- Blue 220 micron
bag 2- Orange 120 micron
bag 3- Purple 25 micron
(Bag 4- yellow 73 micron...this was the extra i bought and use only occasionaly)

Bubble 034 (Small).jpg

i have a typical shopping bag from Walmart just over half full...it is dried
now when it comes to asking...how much leaf in weight? my answer is this...i have found it is NOT the leaf weight that will determine how much hash you get...it is the trichome content that will ...the heavier the crystals on your leaf...the more hash you are going to make
this leaf is from KGB...it had a high trichome content on the trim

Bubble 036 (Small).jpg

Place your screen over your bucket and leave about 4-5 inches between the screen and bottom of the bucket...put in your ice, then leaf, then add enough water to cover your ice and leaf...as you go through the process of stirring you can add more ice as it melts

Bubble 039 (Small).jpg

Stir your leaf on and off for about 30 minutes or so...the freezing cause the trichomes to lightly separate fromt he leaf...and it is the stirring and bumping that make the trichomes fall right off

Letting your leaf settle after a few stirs is recommended...the trichomes are heavier than water and need to settle to the bottom

Bubble 043 (Small).jpg

when your done your mix...pull the bag out and squeeze as much water out of your bag as you can

Bubble 050 (Small).jpg

take your water and pour it through your first screen that will begin to collect your lovely hash

Bubble 051 (Small).jpg

Bubble 053 (Small).jpg

Bubble 058 (Small).jpg

Bubble 063 (Small).jpg

Gently push the hash under your spoon to remove excess water....Before i put this stuff on my plate...i cover it with saran wrap...if you don't the hash will stick to your plate and you will lose a bit trying to get it off

Bubble 064 (Small).jpg

Bubble 066 (Small).jpg

Bubble 067 (Small).jpg

Now take your screen out of the bucket and get the purple screen ready in your bucket you just emptied and pour again

Bubble 073 (Small).jpg

Bubble 074 (Small).jpg

Bubble 076 (Small).jpg

this screen takes a long time to drain...i gently scrape my spoon around the top of the screen to push the hash more to the center of the screen and alow for the water to drain out the top...i do this with the spoon every 10 to 15 minutes to aid in draining

Bubble 081 (Small).jpg

Bubble 082 (Small).jpg

and the long drain is over and the purple screen has provided us with about the same amount as the first drain
biggrin.gif

Let your hash cure for at least 5 days...cool dry place, but with ventilation to aid in drying...if you close up your wet hash it will mold
mad.gif
So make sure your hash is dry before storing away in an air tight container

Bubble 110 (Small).jpg

Bubble 111 (Small).jpg

thanks ldylunatic. Great post. I own the 7 bag set. It seems to me, that the screen catching the "finest quality" varies from strain to strain, or possibly from maturity of the glands at harvest..?? I think 7 bags is a li'l overkill too.
Do you press yours after drying?..I have been told, that the glands 'need to rupture'.. mind shareing your opinion/methods ?

I've tried it both ways, and honestly can't tell much difference in potency. But for pressing, I use a sturdy zip lock baggy, in go the glands. Place this in a bowl of "hot" but not boiling water to soften them. Then squeeze it between two boards, useing a C-clamp. Maybe do it a couple of times. Just untill it has the 'consistancy' that I like.

I

hey Hick...i too thought 7 was overkill...the regular three bag is good IMO...you get a regular hash...and a great hash...seems perfect ;)

if i do press it at all it is only hand pressed...i palm the hash (over the screen) and squeeze hard...making like a small round thin pancake

i have before used the pressing screens that came with my kit...rolled the hash with a wooden rolling pin...thats the hardest its ever been pressed...don't really find a difference at all

i do find though it gets smoother the longer it cures after making...month old bubble is much nicer than 4 or 5 day old stuff

those are pretty much all my findings thus far :)

goggle a search for Bubbleman bubble bags....i got mine in a head shop in Ontario

but the bubbleman bags are really good...VERY sturdy in material and can take a real beating

They are expensive, but a great investment..IMHO I too found mine locally in a shop..

so all i need are leaves to get started and the other supplies listed?

LdyLunatic said:
goggle a search for Bubbleman bubble bags....i got mine in a head shop in Ontario

but the bubbleman bags are really good...VERY sturdy in material and can take a real beating
Excellant Post LdyL! Thanks a million for sharing that with all of us!

I've been looking for the filter sizes for awhile now. You've given them to me now! I'll be looking for the bulk material to make my own.

If I find it, I'll post the links here.

Thanks again!

Nugget....yes thats right....leaf or any bunk weed....this also works for a crop that has gone moldy...you can use any bunk that you can't or don't want to smoke

Stoney....you go Mr. Doitmyself
7.gif

LdyLunatic said:
Stoney....you go Mr. Doitmyself
7.gif
Let's see, Do it youself is DIY, Doitmyself would be DIM. Whatcho tryin to say hmmmmm?

Hahahahahahaaha

Thanks! With most products that don't involve electricity or electronics, what you pay for is the other guys labor, construction technique, shipping and wharehousing. I love to see if I can build everything myself. Lot's of stuff like this is simple. You just have to find the parts.

You helped me do that! Now I know *what* to look for.

Latest posts

Back