How To Make Oil From Resin (Soap Bar)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scs123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Some very interesting things to read in here, although most of the subjects are over my head at the moment. Still quite new :)

Anyway, I have had to stop smoking for medical reasons so I have moved to vaping. The problem is I have copius amounts of resin that I don't want to eat, and I'm trying to find a way of vaping it instead.

I have tried my best to research this subject but it's all far too technical for me. Another big problem is that when you try to find information, it's all based on making oil from weed (the plant). I have resin (soap bar, the black cheap hard stuff lol).

At the moment I have a small quantity soaking in Isopropyl for around an hour at room temperature. I'm not sure what the heck to do with it now?

Can anybody point me the right direction for simple instructions on what I should be doing please? It really would be appreciated.

Regards

Steve.

Dont light nothin pilgrem took me 6 months to grow me beard and eyebrows back messin with that stuff ;)

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Dont light nothin pilgrem took me 6 months to grow me beard and eyebrows back messin with that stuff ;)

BWD

Hahaha, I did read it can be quite volatile when heating. Not sure even if I'm supposed to be buying a rice cooker or anything so thought I best ask the experts :)

Seems I'm on my own lol. Not surprising really, it's awful compared to my blue cheese.

Well, after researching since 4am this morning, I have finally found simple instructions on what to do. Posted here in case it helps anyone in the same situation as me.

Stolen from drugs-forum.com......(thanks to the original poster)

Swim starting thinking about this after reading over another thread, sorry if this is redundant info but this is how swim would clean soapbar in a dream if he ever came across any. But he has never, and therefore has never performed this. But this is how he would go about things.

Take the alleged soapbar hash and crumble into as small of pieces as possible. Try to chop up with razor to small pieces or whatever works. Then add this to a pot of water and heat to a very low boil (steaming) for about 15-30 mins. Stir around the contents in the pot making sure the water dissolves as much junk as possible leaving the goodies still undissolved. Once 30 mins has passed, take off heat and let pot cool then decant off water and add new clean water for another round of heating. Make sure during this heating process that the boil is low to non exsistant. It should be steaming and hot but not boiling really. Keep the burner on low or in the 1-2 range. Once the process has been repeated 1-2 more times decant off water making sure not to pour off any of the non dissolved product. Then scoop out the remains in the pot and put onto a paper plate to dry.

Once dry its time for the second part of the cleaning process. Take the now dry chunks of hash and add them to the bottom of a mason jar. Pour in just enough toluene/xylene/acetone (going from most preferable to least) to cover the chunks of hash and then cap jar and set aside for a second. Get a pot of water to a low boil in the meantime. Once the pots boiling, loosen the cap on the jar (so that it can vent) and dip it into the boiling water to heat the contents (hash and solvent) so that the toluene/xylene/acetone dissolves the cannibinoids present. Do this for about 15 mins then let it sit for another hour to cool. Once cooled pour off the liquid through a double stacked coffee filter placed in a funnel. Anything caught in the filter gets removed once the liquid is filtered and placed back in the jar for another extraction same as before. Once the process is repeated one more time, pool the extracts and evaporate off to leave a potent cannibinoid resin (hash oil).

The end product of this process will not be hash unfortunately but it will be a potent form of cannabis . And now your lungs wont get ruined by all the **** that the soapbar contains. Swim would use the hash oil produced and make some bomb cannabutter.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151300#ixzz2RSb3CVxh

And since I'm going to be vaping this stuff in a cheap CE4 cartomiser on a Provari, I found the mixing quantities for PG/VG. I may also add some nicotine base to get it to around 12mg nicotine.

Again, stolen from thcfarmer.com.......

The method is very simple if you start with some nice pure BHO. Vac purged is best, but budder works too. All that is necessary to make this tincture is heating a small quantity of propylene glycol, melting a bit of your bho into the heated PG, mixing a bit, and injecting the resulting tincture into a blank cartomizer. Attach to your favorite battery, match voltage and ohms, and puff away. Very tasty, imo... very stealthy, very helpful to those who have pain/addiction issues.

I have great success using a combination of 0.7ml PG : 0.3 grams BHO.

I heat the PG/BHO combination to 140f in a small jar on a double boiler placed atop a hot plate, and then I mix, mix, mix with a needle of a syringe...when the wax is completely dissolved in the PG, then the combination/tincture is ready to be injected into a blank cartomizer (melting usually occurs within 2-3 mins for small batches, ie: less than 7ml PG, 3gr BHO).

I fiddled around with a bunch of blank cartomizers before settling on the SMOK Brand Dual Coil, Low Resistance (1.5 ohm) cartridges available at most online places. This cartomizer matches nicely with common 650mah EgoC style batteries, but will work properly with any 3.7v 510 threaded setup. I believe your ProVari automatically senses resistance, but the above figures are what work best if you need to dial it in manually. It should taste like the very essence of your BHO -- if there is any chemical/off flavor, then you must adjust your volatge lower to avoid melting the wicking material (plastic).

1 ml of this tincture is carefully injected into the blank cartomizer after removing the small rubber end cap. When doing this I pay special attention to get the (blunted!) tip of the needle into the second layer of wicking material within the cartomizer. Working my way from the bottom of the cartridge to the top, I inject the tincture as evenly as possible. The more evenly you inject the juice, the more longevity you can expect from each fresh filled cartomizer... I expect 100 full hits from each 1ml filling, but there's more than that in there. Incidentally, I do not re-fill my cartridges, but this a personal decision because I want the most pure flavor possible. Refilling is fine. After 2 or 3 1ml refills the heating elements are fairly gunked up and become unreliable.

If your wax is strong to begin with, then the 0.7ml : 0.3gr ratio will be very satisfying in terms of potency and flavor. Some of my best wax can be thinned much further and still remain efficacious -- your results will vary, but the ratio above is a fine starting point.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...anted-to-fill-your-own-ecig-cartridges.53959/

Latest posts

Back