How To Precisely Measure Mg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegs

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me out with a question I have about precise measurements of extracts such as Cannabutter and Alcohol Extract for no bake confections. I want to create a small line to retail to wellness clinics but need to address this one question before moving forward.

I want to ensure each piece has the stated dosage. No more and no less.

There is no real way to measure the strength of the Cannabutter or alcohol extract, so exact measurements really do not mean much. However, just so you know, there are 5 ml in a teaspoon.

Thanks HG. Would switching to other forms of extracts (butane, low pressure or high pressure Co2) change anything? Just curious...

No, unless you have a lab test done on what you make for THC content, you are not really going to know how strong it is. I guess I didn't really understand your question about measurements and I was thinking of milliliters. Mg can be measured on a good scale, but what do you need to weigh milligrams for?

I measure mine by how long I set on the couch and cant move. Ifen I cant move,,I might of made it a webit strong.:D

Lol...good one. I need to know/to be exact when creating no bake confections for retail.

I have never seen any recipes measured in milligrams. Exact measurements like that can only really matter if you were using known concentrations. For instance, if a recipe called for, say 2 ounces of 86 proof alcohol, you would not just add 2 ozs of any alcohol that you did not know the proof of. There is a lot of difference between wine and everclear, just as there can be a lot of difference between cannabutter made with different strains.

I do not understand the question or what you are trying to do?

Thanks guys and gals. I think I have it all squared away. When selling edibles you have to list the % as well as Mg per piece etc. I'll need to have a lab test each extract or purchase my own lab equipment or just buy the extract from a wholesaler. However, once the potency is obtained it's as simple as measuring out the amount etc.

Sorry for the confusing question.

Latest posts

Back