how to save a hermie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im in the line to to say that feminazation is to blame for the unstable crossderessing buggers now-a-days I too was in the back and found a late bloomer in the mix tonight plucked hom and went on im most likely to pull it tomorrow and just use it for hash. Dang heat and nto being able to get these sativa monsters far enough off the lights i was hoping that 8inches would do it but nope not this time, strain must be ssensitive to heat issues.

Pothead420 said:
been down that road pick em chop it and smoke it please dont make those hermie seeds believe me you want nothing to do with it

:watchplant:Why? What happen? Did the seeds all become hemies?:ciao:

I've got a hermie too ... what I plan to do it plant it outside away from my other plants and test the theory of hermie seeding themselves produce fem seeds ...
I don't believe that the process you're following is even theorized. It is a provem fact... "Hermies procreate hermies"... IMO.. what you are doing is, essentially breeding [i"for"[/i] the hermie trait.
If you will search the forum for "femminised seeds" "female seeds" you will find a plathargy of informative posts to mull over to educate yourself on the pitfalls and procedures involved.

Well I will do the research:stoned: ... but I would like to see for myself:farm: ... a woman I know swears that what happen when she let a hermie seed itself .... besides ... there are way more female parts than male ... I could easily keep the male parts under control ... Swt#3 is a fine sweet lady ... I love to get some extra bud even if it does have seeds ... just will plant it far away from other females :bolt:...
:hubba:

What is this Reverse stuff you guys are talking about? Ive never heard of it. I have one hermie right now and am willing to try anything. When a plant hermies does every branch produce seeds and sacs or is it select few? I only found four pollen sacs on my hermie and havent seen any seed production yet. Is it possible that only a few branches went hermie and maybe they can be cut off? Will the seeds that a hermie produces be feminised or will they all become hermies like the mother?

I used reverse, it saved a couple crops for me.

Reverse will prevent seeds from developing, by actually killing the male flowers. If you already see open flowers, it's probably too late, but I'd spray it down well anyway, to minimize the seed production.;)

Also, I do agree, many more hermies nowadays. I never heard of a hermie until 1994 or so.

GrowRebel said:
Well I will do the research:stoned: ... but I would like to see for myself:farm: ... a woman I know swears that what happen when she let a hermie seed itself .... besides ... there are way more female parts than male ... I could easily keep the male parts under control ... Swt#3 is a fine sweet lady ... I love to get some extra bud even if it does have seeds ... just will plant it far away from other females :bolt:...
:hubba:
Please do, do the research. It is folks like that "woman you know" that are guilty of the very practices that I was speaking of, and why "I" and others believe the hermie population has come to explode on the scene over the last few years.
Hermies are detrimental to the "drug quality" gene pool. If high grade mj is left to go feral(wild), within a few generations, it will have reverted to hemp. Why?.. because the male side will be composed predominately by "hermies or earliest flowering" males.
Reenforceing the theory that the secret to improving drug quality pot, lies in the "recessive" traits of late flowering males.
It is also why, if you are working at trying to shorten a particular strains, flowewring/finish time, it is best to choose early floweing/finishing "females", and not males.

I think it was Will Rogers once said "There are two types of men. Those who learn from others mistakes, and those who have to pee on the electric fence themselves" ... ;)

I have read in High Times about a process known as "Rodelization" a way to create female seeds. I will break it down into a simple process:

Allow one female from your crop to stay on 12/12 for about 10-14 days past its prime harvest date. The female should develop small male bananas. By prolonging the bloom cycle past harvest date you are stressing the plant...and because this female has not been pollenated yet it tries to do it asexually by producing a few male pollen sacs. Collect this pollen and use it to impregnate the lower branches of your next female crop. These lower branches will produce all female seeds.
This article is great with pictures in the high times 2006 seed guide.

I dont think the early hermies are worth much. but try this method out sometime. I would try it myself however Im only in my first grow and taking it slow. -z

All depends on how far along they are. If they are already budding, you will most likely get seeds. Do you know how they got stressed? Just clip the affected part of the plant. Or in other words clip the balls off. :D I've came across hermies and then just clipped them at the nearest node and they were fine.

ScarecrowTheLegalGrower said:
All depends on how far along they are. If they are already budding, you will most likely get seeds. Do you know how they got stressed? Just clip the affected part of the plant. Or in other words clip the balls off. :D I've came across hermies and then just clipped them at the nearest node and they were fine.
they were never stressed at all its just bunk genetics from dispicable seed vendors.because nobody gives a shi* about anything but money anymore

I have 2 hermies in my garden right now! Thanks TGA for the wonderful strain of Jillybean. They have seeded my crop and I said **** it, it's already too late so I kept them in there and pluck the banana's. Impossible to eliminate them all. I pluck almost everyday, cutting out buds and everything, and they still keep coming.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Sorry, but I am ROTFLMAO....

... and why is that?:ignore::doh::hubba:

Crazy Horse said:
:rofl: :hitchair:
Some people seem to be easily amused ... :angrywife:and if you don't like me hanging on to a hermie ...:fid:

Do whatever u want with your shemale, but I would never advise someone to keep a hermie in the same room with the rest of the females. The chance of u missing a nanner and it pollinating the rest of the crop would be about 99% I'd say.

Latest posts

Back