how to store trimmings for hash makeing??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greenthumberish said:
I'm not certain anyone would agree with me...however i reckon that freezing your trim is a stupid thing to do. Not only does it weaken and fracture/shatter the trichomes causing them to be less potent, I see it as a pointless step in making hash.

I'm sorry, but I have to respond to this post. No offense Greenthumberish, but you're half right and half wrong.

You are right that freezing trim makes the trichomes more fragile, thereby making it easier to seperate from the plant matter so that collection of said trichs is easier. You do not have to work the leaf/bud matter as much to make the trichs "break-off" and end up with less undesirable plant matter in the finished product.

You are not making the trichs less potent- the thc we seek is inside the trichome head above the membrane at the top of the capitate stalk. The head does not shatter or fracture as a result of using a standard food type freezer at a temperature of around 0 degrees F. It would take much colder temps than that to freeze the trich to a point of shattering. By using this step, you actually end up with a more potent product by weight as you have less foreign matter in it. This applies to the bubble bag method.

Great post about the screen method- as you said, "To each his own.";)

tcbud said:
Then you my friend havent cooked it correctly, you need to get the oil from the plant into something like butter or peanut butter......do it with some strong pot and watch out.

My husband said the same thing, till he ate a brownie I made from canna butter. Be careful how much you eat, it can be a long long time till you come down.

I'm a chef...I'm sure I cooked it correctly ;) Everyone else that eats my confections gets laid out.. It simply just doesn't have an adverse effect on me :) I prefer to smoke

BBFan said:
I'm sorry, but I have to respond to this post. No offense Greenthumberish, but you're half right and half wrong.

You are right that freezing trim makes the trichomes more fragile, thereby making it easier to seperate from the plant matter so that collection of said trichs is easier. You do not have to work the leaf/bud matter as much to make the trichs "break-off" and end up with less undesirable plant matter in the finished product.

You are not making the trichs less potent- the thc we seek is inside the trichome head above the membrane at the top of the capitate stalk. The head does not shatter or fracture as a result of using a standard food type freezer at a temperature of around 0 degrees F. It would take much colder temps than that to freeze the trich to a point of shattering. By using this step, you actually end up with a more potent product by weight as you have less foreign matter in it. This applies to the bubble bag method.

Great post about the screen method- as you said, "To each his own.";)

Yer probably right, I just know what I've read... :) however bubble bag is merely 32F ;) Ice water doesn't drop any lower than that, if i remember correctly....in refrence to the bubble bag. Anyway, I forementioned that probably nobody would agree! S'just a personal quirke

tcbud said:
There is always another way to go with trimmings. Make some canna butter. Oh yes, that will knock your sox off. Recipe here somewhere at MP.

Yes...Christmas cookies..and welcome brownies:D Im a gonna try this..Thanks for the link to those bags The Hemp Godess

Here i go sounding like a newby again but i just threw out my trimmings when i harvested the 2 plants.
Is there a laymans thread on how to use these trimmings to get hash?
A link possibly?
I would like to learn and try this on the next plants i harvest.
BBfan seems to know a lot about this, any advice?

therez a hash thread in mj cultivation. i done exactly the same with my last harvest- i was gutted to find out that it was alot easier to do than i thought.
im definately processing my trim this time. you tube has alot of hash making vids too!!

I have used fresh frozen trim on several occasions, and not had the "green hash" issue ap'... I'm not going to argue your logic, 'cause I have read similar info' in reference to freezig your buds.
but I've had my bags for 4-5 years now, have ran dozens of batches, dried unfrozen, dried frozen, fresh unfrozen, fresh frozen and can say I have never seen/experienced the results that you got.
Fresh trim always seems leeches out more chlorophyll into the water, turning the water green, but I have only acquired green hash when an excess amount of plant material was collected.
I followed your process, it appears that you did eveything correctly, I'm puzzled at your results. :confused2:

Latest posts

Back