1. Bud of the Month: moontang by bodhi grown by Smackaddict
    Dismiss Notice

How to tell when the alcohol is fully evaporated?

Discussion in 'Hash' started by zem, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Oct 7, 2018 #1

zem

zem

zem

So I went through the process of making ethyl alcohol hash and the result is surprisingly well. However I am anxious about leaving some alcohol in my final product. How to tell when it is fine to smoke? I let the liquid evap in a pyrex dish marinated in warm water for couple of hours and it is sticky. Any help with this final step is greatly appreciated. How hard should i expect it to be before it is ready to get scraped off?

2. Oct 7, 2018 #2

thegloman

thegloman

thegloman

You might want to warm it up and give it a stir then let cool a couple times to make sure the alc. Is all gone.
    I put mine in caps so I leave a little alc. in to keep it easy to use in a syringe.

zem likes this.
  3. Oct 7, 2018 #3

pcduck

pcduck

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant

Some people use vacuum pumps.

zem likes this.
  4. Oct 7, 2018 #4

Alasgun

Alasgun

Alasgun

life's good Today!

The Machinist
    With that in mind, i wonder how a chamber type vacuum sealer would work, just leave the bag out of the equation?

zem likes this.
  5. Oct 7, 2018 #5

thegloman

thegloman

thegloman

Somebody makes a jar vacume sealer.
    Put A vessel inside the jar with extract, seal jar and vac.
    It can be set into a pan of hot water also to speed it up.

zem likes this.
  6. Oct 14, 2018 at 12:34 PM #6

zem

zem

zem

Well, I came to the conclusion that extraction is not my hobby. I can grow plants way faster than I can consume anyway. After I ran through several ounces of trim and popcorn buds, used up to 10 litres of alcohol, I found that it is way too much effort. It took more than 6 hours of work to do that and cleaning after it excluding the time to evaporate and scrape... This was my first effort to extract and I got all the utensils for it my kitchen turned into a small lab but the effort is just not worth it for me. I work an average of 20 minutes per day with my plants that give me a lot of great product. What to do with all this good trim? I would love to have a neighbour who fond of doing this lol I would give him all my utensils and trim and half of the end product.
    Is there an extraction machine where I can put like 5oz of trim and it just does everything and gives me the end product? It is difficult to dispose of thc filled leaf