How to use your phone for pics??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquidyPacheco

If da cap fits..
Reaction score
: ciao: I was wondering if there is a safe way to post pics from a smart phone. I read that in the smart phone pictures there is all kinda info in the pic.
If you turn off all location using apps would make it possible to post pics without worrying about the longitude and latitude showing up ? Ihope this question makes sense.. Thanks in advance
Aloha
Squidy

Yes....just make sure you hve disabled geotagging.

Yup like hammy said it should be ok. We need to figure out how to upload pics from your smartphone though :( I canceelled my home internet cause I just use my phone anyhow. Now I can't post pics :(.

Lemon Jack said:
Yup like hammy said it should be ok. We need to figure out how to upload pics from your smartphone though :( I canceelled my home internet cause I just use my phone anyhow. Now I can't post pics :(.

I don't think there is anyway to upload pics to MP with phones or tablets. I hve tried quite a few things to upload pics from my iPad but it's been a no go. I hve to wait till I get home from work and upload via a computer. If anyone figures anything out please share.

Thanks .. My net is down and am so far in the bushes it take s the cable company a week to show up.. Haha being able to post from my phone would make life easier

Yeah I dont have camera so rely on my phone for pics then post um from my computer..

Hamster Lewis said:
Yes....just make sure you hve disabled geotagging.

^.. What he said. Just make sure all location services are turned OFF while taking your pics.

Yea, I wish we could upload from our phones too.

Maybe there's a workaround….

1. Install the GeoGone app from the AppStore on your iPhone (free) and use it to remove the exif infos from your photo. It will make a copy of the photo you selected but without the exif infos.

2. Install and sign in to the Photobucket app, then upload in it the GeoGone parsed copy of your photo (be sure to do not select the original one because it still have exif infos!). Copy the address of the direct link to your uploaded photo in the clipboard.

3. Attach the uploaded photo to MP by pasting in the second section of its upload form (the one that ask for an url) the link you have in the clipboard.

4. Once the photo is attached and thread submitted then MP own a copy of it on its server, so now you can immediately delete the original file from your Photobucket album.

I did not tested what i wrote but i think it can work, you simply upload a no-exif photo to a web service, then you attach it to MP and finally you delete the web-service copy because MP no longer need it. In this way your photo bucket album will be always empty and safe.

snowapp.jpg

Ack! That sure seems like a lot of work!! I've already forgotten step 2..lol.

Good info Pistil....I will gve that a try tonight and see if it works.

Pistil said:
Maybe there's a workaround….

1. Install the GeoGone app from the AppStore on your iPhone (free) and use it to remove the exif infos from your photo. It will make a copy of the photo you selected but without the exif infos.

2. Install and sign in to the Photobucket app, then upload in it the GeoGone parsed copy of your photo (be sure to do not select the original one because it still have exif infos!). Copy the address of the direct link to your uploaded photo in the clipboard.

3. Attach the uploaded photo to MP by pasting in the second section of its upload form (the one that ask for an url) the link you have in the clipboard.

4. Once the photo is attached and thread submitted then MP own a copy of it on its server, so now you can immediately delete the original file from your Photobucket album.

I did not tested what i wrote but i think it can work, you simply upload a no-exif photo to a web service, then you attach it to MP and finally you delete the web-service copy because MP no longer need it. In this way your photo bucket album will be always empty and safe.

Thanks pistil :).. I would suggest that a better solution than risking the entire forum for a fews "convenience"..:eek:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61900
I 'don't' know a lot about the mechanics of the webmaster job, but I DO recall some glitch/issues when we tried it previously. BUT... I'm sure there are many more options out there now. I will direct marp in this direction and see what he thinks.

ozzydiodude said:
:eek:Do nothing to risk the server:p:D
.....:cool2:

I'm not trying to be difficult but I completely agree with multi, I can't even share what I really got going on right now. I know its my fault for cancelling my web connection, but being able to use my phone would be mucho convenient. I mean I use it for everything else.

Ain't botherin' me...:D and I don't see a 'majority' complaining here... the 'majority' seems to accept it for what it is and work around it.
I wish it were a simple matter. But at risk of losing thousands of pictures and tons of data of ALL members. "I" . wouldn't consider it "prudent" if that is a possibility.
My thoughts are for the greater good of the 'entire' community.
MarP may see it differently... or he may not.

I SAID I would direct the webby to this. That is ALL that I can do.
I apologize for the inconveniences.

I'll make it simple 4 you multi... "quit yer bitchin"... the ONLY belittling I see is you belittling our forum

and ..I apologize to 'you' personally for both my ineptness on the subject, and my 'shortness'..:) with our suggestion.
I SAID I would have marp look at it.

As I set back and look at both points of view can say I understand the stand each be makin here and can find things to agree and disagree from both sides but in the end I be sayin that ifi it aint broke why fix it? I understand this here site had suffered a huge crash and lost lots of members as well as valued information. I can understand that members here who weather that storm would rather see things stay as they are and not risk frikkin things up gain. I understand multi and his point to keepin with the times but on that note the greater good of the "all' out way the greater good of the few and not taking the chance to crash be what I would recommend doin. As for the pushin to the managements boat here yual might want to watch just how much yual getter rockin cause yual might wind up in the drink swimmin anfamilure waters. I have found that management boats never tip out anyone and they stays floatin even in rough waters just be sayin Multi ifin yual push to hard the push that sometimes comes back be mighty harder. Fires are warm and comfortable here and folk takin this here place for what it is and joinin for what they see it bein. If it aint broke dont fix it ;)

BWD

Multi do you know any mj forums that are setup with this already. This is the only forum I have ever been a member of, but I would like to have a place where I can show what I got going on.

No offense to mp at all this is my home. I love you all.

multifarious said:
I prefer preventive maintenance, changing my engine fluids is much cheaper that changing a crank......
but are you putting in gear lube?..80/90 wt in your crankcase...:p noooo.. your useing a "compatible" product ;)

you can't burn the 'new synthetic' fuels in your regular old gasoline engine either.

multifarious said:
I prefer preventive maintenance, changing my engine fluids is much cheaper that changing a crank......

Please dont take no disrespect pilgrem I aint here to piss in yur cup and call it milk but I will be sayin until yual actualy run a site like this here one yual will never fathem just how much preventitive maintenace be goin on with out addin to the list ;) Stay safe the trails yual walkin pilgrem I wish yur travell nothin but good.

BWD

Latest posts

Back