How ? Where ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasstrugy

Reaction score
Hello,

I am very new to this. I have an ongoing, severe illness, CRPS, that makes me suffer from terrible pain. I have had to give up work and am looking for alternatives to the morphine I have been prescribed but do not know how to go about getting hold of anything or what types would be good for pain relief. Can anybody help?

I am in the UK,

Thanks
K

Welcome Sasstrugy.:) I'm in the U.S. so I can't help with " Where and How " but was wondering what CRPS is? I'm sure someone will come along and be of more help. PEACE :D

Welcome to MP.....checkout the resources sticky in the indoor section.

Hi Powerplanter,

CRPS is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - previously called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. Bottom line is a have over-firing pain receptors following a rock climbing injury about 12 years ago. Pain levels range from feeling like when you hit your elbow to when you break a bone - and it never goes away. I find that prescribed pain killers have little effect [except the morphine] and the side-effects are not acceptable. I tried cannabis a few years ago and it gave me immediate relief from my pain but the chap who had some has since moved on and I now have no access to anybody knows where some is available.

S

powerplanter said:
Welcome Sasstrugy.:) I'm in the U.S. so I can't help with " Where and How " but was wondering what CRPS is? I'm sure someone will come along and be of more help. PEACE :D

That sounds exactly like what I have. I've been told it was Fibromyalgia, and now Pre-Lupus, so I really haven't had anyone who is confident about what it actually is. What you just explained is exactly the way I feel everyday, never goes away. It's really hard to explain to people just how bad you feel every waking moment. Most of my days are the broken arm days. Thanks so much for the info. I got to go and look up CRPS. PEACE!!

PP
If you are interested in seeing how to help deal with this a good start is this site:
hXXp://staff.bath.ac.uk/psskr/patient%20leaflet%20version%201.pdf

However the US and Canada seem a lot further ahead in dealing with and researching the disease than the UK. Most of our doctors are still ignorant of symptoms.

I had to struggle for 2 years to get a government pension for ill health - I worked in central government for 30 years.

Hope this helps

S

Latest posts

Back